31 Sportfish for sale in Charleston SC

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

J Clark

31 Sportfish for sale in Charleston SC

Post by J Clark »

There is a freshly painted (FL Yellow) 31 for sale at auction in Charleston.
She was brought to Marine Lumber Co. on the old naval base and left for a new interior, owner never paid the deposit or came back for the boat. She is sitting inside the main shop, and will be sold for storage. The boat has gas engines and a half tower (removed), newly furbished bottom and glassed in windshield, with fiberglass deck. Contact Marine Lumber Co. For all the details, number is in the book. Will probably sell in late July or early August, I think the stroage bill is around $8500.00. This lumber company is the main supplier to the US for all exotic marine lumber, veneers and exotic plywoods.
randall

Post by randall »

well the key word is auction.....if someone gets it for the storage bill...thats quite a steal
JPRS51

Post by JPRS51 »

Having trouble finding contact info for the Marine Lumber Co.
Jeff S

scot

Post by scot »

Jeff...that's a secret.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Can't locate Marine Lumber Co. in SC
JPRS51

Post by JPRS51 »

I think this post was just to get a rise out of a bunch of us lookin' for a deal.

Ha ha ha...the laugh is on us... :)
Jeff S

Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Wrong! This is a steal. He's trying to throw us off.
Last yr I came to a marina on Long Island that was doing a complete make over on a 31. He knew we both had 31's( me and another one of the faithful whose name skipps my mind) and the operator asked how much do you think I paid. Well a loaded question but we wanted to play the game. We were way off. He paid the yard bill to himself( like a thousand), five hundred for the boat and some Title fees etc. He came in less than two big ones.
Herein lies an oppportunity. Due dilligence.
A/K/A El Gaupo
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

No Jeff,

The guy who posted, Jim, is a good friend of mine and he was merely passing the info on via the Board. He told me about it on the telephone earlier and described his amazement upon seeing it while he was shopping for some teak wood for his own B-31 "Bucktail". He said the lumber yard was going through the steps to legally sell it because the boat's owner has "gone missing". He said they still had some paper work issues to finish before they could do anything. Now, Dick might be right that someone related to the yard could "steal" it by paying the "yard fee only" under darkness of night. Time will tell, but I doubt the yard will allow water tests prior to the auction, so buyer beware!

Tommy
"Island Girl"

Marine Lumber Supply, LLC
marinelumbersupp@bellsouth.net
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I am occasionally in Charleston, and if anyone is interested I can stop by and take a look at the boat, as long as the lumber company will allow me to. Am actually planning on being there in a couple of weeks, so let me know if you want pics or other info.