What is this ??

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mitch

What is this ??

Post by Mitch »

A guy I know across the river from me, just bought a 69 B31, Bahia Mar, with a hard top that looks like a B25, with a bridge, and two stations. Is this factory, if so how many were made ?? If not was it aftermarket, or just something someone created?? Thanks for any info on this model.
Mitch
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

What your describing is the 31 sedan with an aftermarket, possibly a 25 fly bridge wrap.
Capt. Mike Holmes

What?

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

The 31 Bahia Mar hardtop is pretty common on the Texas coast, more common that the open Bahia Mar, for some reason - probably because it's drier to steer. Like Bruce said, the bridge is almost certainly an add-on.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Mitch, The boat sounds like the Kimberly Ann, I looked at her a few years back, it is a flybridge from a 25 Bertram, had been repowered with twin yanmar 315s, 1 3/8 shafts, beautiful gelcoat, had some tabbing and bulkhead issues, had been fished hard...
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
scot

Post by scot »

There's a Bahia Mar hardtop in Port Arthur that's been sitting on the hard with no engines, deck, interior....totally stripped to bare hull for 10 years. I assume the glass is seriously compremized from the UV's?? The boat's outdoors. I always thought this was to be a shame to allow something like that to be eaten by the elements. The guy had the exterior sprayed and then just stopped. :cry:
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Capt. Mike Holmes

Port Arthur

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Where in Port Arthur? next time I'm up that way I miht give it a look?
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Yeah, It's not a sedan, for sure it's a bahia mar model. Yes it was the kimberly ann, now the jenna leih. So the hardtop is factory, but they weren't made with a flybridge?? So there's such a model as a bahia mar hardtop?? Not all that common I suspect. The guy that bought it is asking all kinds of questions, and I'd like to be able to give him the deal. Whatever, Thanks, for the info. I'll hook him up with the site if he needs more.
Mitch
scot

Post by scot »

Mike....sent you a PM.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mitch
Can we get a picture of the beast? My express is a hardtop, another fairly rare beast. Top is like the top from the 25. At Port Eades one year I took measurements of the Judge's hardtop to compare to mine. Thought they might be the same. No, just the design.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein