PropGlide

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevind767
Standing Member

PropGlide

Post by Kevind767 »

Anyone use this product?
Boat about to come out for anti fouling.
Ironworker

Re: PropGlide

Post by Ironworker »

Yes. I have had good results with it. You have to follow the instructions pretty closely.

There is an article in Practical Sailor if you're interested. It favorably compares to PropSpeed and is a little cheaper.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
Carl

Post by Carl »

Ironworker wrote: Apr 24th, '24, 18:54 It favorably compares to PropSpeed and is a little cheaper.

That is what I heard but no first hand experience.

I prefer a good cleaning before launch and use the boat often to keep running gear clean-ish. Not always possible with peoples schedules, boat location, weather etc. I also don't mind jumping in to clean bottom n gear when at the beach or a hot, slow fishing day. I'd avoid doing that when sharking or chumming. Although I was in a shark tournament fishing a wreck with some other boats, chum pails out, line in. A 25' runabout anchors up, sticks the dive flag out, suits up, tanks on, jumps in...down he goes.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

What I may do, if (seldom) necessary, is I shout out to the rat of the dock, hey 20€ can you clean my gear? It is done automatically!!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yannis wrote: Apr 25th, '24, 09:58 What I may do, if (seldom) necessary, is I shout out to the rat of the dock, hey 20€ can you clean my gear? It is done automatically!!
Hey, I resemble that dock rat guy...except I wouldn't take money, a beer...yes. And only if water was clean, the bay and especially our harbor can get a bit...lets say not nice swimming conditions.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Down in Barnegat Bay, you can go over to an area called Tices Shoal right behind Island Beach State Park. Get into clear 3 to 4 feet of water and clean away. You just need to avoid the crabs and dam nettles.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

A little too shallow to be under a boat cleaning running gear for me. All it takes is one moron create a wake.

But yes, that’s the way I like to keep m clean.
Kevind767
Standing Member

Post by Kevind767 »

Thanks for the replies Gent’s
Will let you know how it works out!!