The Fun Begins

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

S Ritzert

The Fun Begins

Post by S Ritzert »

After an all day event, my wife and I got our boat on our trailer, and to our shop. The fun will now begin.

First steps will be to get the propellers sized accurately for the weight and load of the boat, get the exhaust system updated, install trim tabs, then splash her again to test before gutting her for the refurbish.

Ironworker

Re: The Fun Begins

Post by Ironworker »

Please post some "before" pics.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I'm assuming you have a dually truck to pull this?
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Carl

Post by Carl »

Smart car
S Ritzert

Post by S Ritzert »

I pulled it yesterday with my wifes bronco. Stopping was a little difficult, but pulled her off the ramp just fine.

Really, I used my Ford f-250, The ramp to my shop is 5 miles. When I store at the coast, the storage to the ramp is about a mile. I will be pulling it from my shop to my storage with a dually, which is about 300 miles.

I pull my 28 FBC with my f-250 on the long haul. I used to pull it from the storage to the ramp with my f-150, but I sold that truck.

I need to see if I can find pictures of when I used to deliver boats when I worked for the Correct Craft warehouse. We used to put a boat on top of the truck, then we pulled a #5 trailer with a boat in the belly, and a boat and trailer above that boat, then we pulled in tandem, a boat and trailer behind that. This was when the powerstokes first hit the market.

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

A 28 and a 31. I am sure we can find you a 20/25 & 26 to round out the stable.

What clearance do you need to trailer her?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
S Ritzert

Post by S Ritzert »

Funny you say that Tony, I missed an auction on a 25 that was sold a couple hours away from my house. I completely forgot to bid on it. This sold for $55.00.

I have to pull a permit to trailer because of the width 8'-6" is the maximum width you can haul without a permit. I do not pull permits to haul from my storage building to the ramp. I could potentially get ticketed for that, but I would hope to get a warning before I get ticketed.

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

That just looks like a gutted hull waiting for some love.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
S Ritzert

Post by S Ritzert »

That's exactly what I thought Tony. I was considering V-driving it. I have a few V-drives, and engines laying around. I thought it would be a fun project.