Cabin door window needed

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

jayjays1

Cabin door window needed

Post by jayjays1 »

Hello Gentleman, The guys started this week on the total gutting of the FB cruiser which will involve conversion of her to a sedan as I need to get under a bridge in my commute in Bermuda.

I will be replacing the aft cabin bulkheads with coosa. The current central door is a non-original sliding one which I want to replace with the hinged version with an original window.

Now, I know that many of your boats have been remodelled, and I am hoping that someone has an original cabin door window that is in good shape??

Also, if anyone has aft cabin bulkhead windows that are in better shape than mine are that would good too!

Please let me know guys.

JJ
jayjays1

Re: Cabin door window needed

Post by jayjays1 »

Anyone...? Really need one.
JJ
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

The 28 does not have a door window and I need one too.
Just because the 31 window will not fit, I inquired and there are companies that can make a new window to measure.
Therefore don't lose hope, if nobody shows up with a spare window, you can still make your own!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
jayjays1

Post by jayjays1 »

Thanks Yannis, I won't. I am sure someone has kept one after they'd remodelled their aft bulkheads. I am looking for an original spec one if I can find it.
JJ
S Ritzert

Post by S Ritzert »

I don't know if this will help, but I use a glass shop here in town. I can take them a template of what I need, they can cut the glass, and then send it off to have it tempered. They are typically really reasonably priced.

Also if I am dealing with Taylor Made glass. I can send them the frame, and they will make the glass to the frame specs. I dont know if Taylor Made will only work with dealers though. This is a more expensive option.
jayjays1

Post by jayjays1 »

Hey Thanks for your suggestion but I am looking for the complete door window with the original frame. Someone replaced mine with a sliding door but it doesn't slide very well.

JJ
ReidPfromNC

Post by ReidPfromNC »

JJ,
I’m sorry I’m hardly ever here, but I did just now see your request for windows/doors etc, and if you’re still in need, it looks like I’m your man. I’m in the long term process of converting my Flybridge Cruiser to a SportFish, so my upper bulkhead wall and everything associated with it came out, and I never throw anything away. Sometime back I also spoke to someone with interest in galley/counter parts but that ended somehow, and hopefully not from me dropping the ball, but I still have most of that available as well. If interested, you can reach back out to me best via email at reidp@bellsouth.net. I might mention that I have original shafts, props, and rudders available also, as we’re replacing all. The original boat and current state can both be seen at @reidpinkham5800 on Instagram. I’ll hopefully be back working on it soon after a significant, years-long delay, but she’s still indoors and looking great.
-Reid