Rendezvous NE ?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Carl

Rendezvous NE ?

Post by Carl »

trace elements wrote: Mar 15th, '23, 13:07 We should create a separate thread for an NJ Rendevous. Couple of thoughts:

1. Manasquan
2. AC
3. Shark River
4. Raritan
5. Toms River
6. Barnegat
neil

Re: Rendezvous NE ?

Post by neil »

Guys I did my homework and our only chance in nj with this little notice would be ac at Farley,space in the other areas are so limited we have more 31s in nj then any other state,Carl if you want to get the ball rolling ,Tom has lobsters and I will cook them with some Jersey corn and steamed crab we need to get a lot of interest real soon.thanks for starting a new thread.I spoke with Brewster he is a maybe pagans is another maybe but it sure would be nice to see some of the faithful
Carl

Post by Carl »

Raritan Bay-

I'm in Great Kills Harbor at Great Kills Yacht Club, I could host a party inside or out at the Club.

The Problem is boat accommodations. Our club docks have very few reciprocity openings and the marinas just outside my club tend to be kinda full so boats would be scattered.

Across the harbor is Moonbeam Marina, it used to be my marina when it was a State Park Marina called Nichols. They probably have enough dock space...

Moonbeam has nice docks with electric, water, bathrooms and I think an Ice machine but that's about it. This marina is within walking distance to "nothing", nothing other than the beach. (A Raritan bay beach, not the ideal swimming area), they do not have a picnic area. It's a mile or two out of the Park which brings you to "nothing" other than a bus stop.

What has been done at some of our Club parties is to have boats dock there and at moorings then shuttle guests back to our club, a 5-minute ride in the harbor. I might also be able to get a neighboring yacht club tender to be available for us. If you had your own raft/dingy we have space to tie those up. On my side of the harbor, aside from my club are several restaurants, a diner, and mini grocery markets/deli's in walking distance.

It may not be ideal, but it's what I can offer.

Scroll down to the harbor pic. My club is at the back left. Moonbeam is across on the right.

https://gkyc.org/
neil

Post by neil »

Carl,I had the same idea at our yacht club great faculty just like you have mentioned,only problem was it’s to busy .your idea sounds great,easy run for everyone and I was going to suggest that you step up the the plate and get the ball rolling ,you seem like a very organized kinda guy,I am here to help
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Barnegat would mean Forked River or Toms River for space. In Forked River the State Marina would be the best shot since it has a number of empty slips. Not sure how they are grouped together. I am not sure what is available on Toms River, and I don't think there is much at Barnegat light.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Corn. I can get the best Corn in NJ.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i will go to any place in NJ for a rendezvous and if we have to we can "raft" like we had to do at Block Island.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
trace elements

Post by trace elements »

How about Safe Harbor Crystal Point?

Nice venue on Manasquan, Transient Slips, hotel accross the street.

https://shmarinas.com/locations/safe-ha ... tal-point/
neil

Post by neil »

Trace I live around the corner from that place and I don’t think there is any chance of them accommodating us ,I will look into it tomorrow it’s very convenient but also very full
trace elements

Post by trace elements »

Yeah, most of those places in the Manasquan are tight, but it is an awfully convenient spot.

Carver Boat works on the canal does a lot of work on 31s. Jahonson Boat Works is there also. Maybe they would be willing.
neil

Post by neil »

Trace I contacted crystal point today, they are a no go ,as far as carvers and others go in our are not a chance. I really like carls idea.we have been to many rendezvous and states island would be a very easy run for a lot of us.it would open up a lot of people in the sound from both conn ny and nj anyone with a better idea than carls speak now or forever hold your peace
Carl

Post by Carl »

Neil-

Let’s keep tossing ideas out, meanwhile I’ll start doing some homework on having it here. I’ve got a good contact to talk to at the club tomorrow, he’s always putting boats up at other neighboring marinas. Monday, I’ll call marinas.

Even if scattered, as Bob said a raft up can be done to get all boats together, our harbor is big n well protected. Picnic at club…menu looks to be lobster n corn to start.

Best case scenario, how many boats come to these? I’ve been to only one and recall maybe 10 -12 boats…that was Greenport.
neil

Post by neil »

Carl ,keep up the good work,I think we can get at least a dozen of us together thanks neil
Carl

Post by Carl »

In my harbor (Great Kills), the marinas on my side are tight for space with the possibility of having a slip or two open. One is $2/foot per night, the other is $5/foot

Going across to MoonBeam they say 12 boats should not be a problem but they are $6/foot, Plus $11 a night for electricity. Stupid money for being in the middle of no place. The docks are good, and the harbor is well protected but did I mention no amenities and a need to travel to anything and everything? I say as I can ferry people across, you can dingy it over...but kind of stuck-ish if the weather is less than stellar. I guess the point is, it's not a destinational place to keep family/spouse entertained.

If there is interest, I need to check the club calendar for open dates.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Carl

I think we are going to need something with amenities. Not sure the wives are going to want to sit around and listen to all of us.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

I think Atlantic City isn’t a bad idea it’s a decent marina and definitely stuff to do. Not sure what the prices are but worth looking into.
Jason
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote: Mar 29th, '23, 21:13 Carl

I think we are going to need something with amenities. Not sure the wives are going to want to sit around and listen to all of us.

It’s the down time that creates the concern. Like staying at a hotel out of town for a wedding with no transportation.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Carl wrote: Apr 2nd, '23, 07:42 It’s the down time that creates the concern. Like staying at a hotel out of town for a wedding with no transportation.
Exactly
1975 FBC BERG1467-315