Fell off a ladder

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Fell off a ladder

Post by Bruce »

Sorry for the absence, fell off a ladder, pinched nerves and rehab with a brace. I think her name was Hilda the Hun, hurt like you know what.
Brace is off now and I'm moving around slow.

Be back after weekend with auction, sorry.
I recieved two donations, wife took care of it, thanks.

Wife hid phone and mouse to keep me quiet. Torture me really. Her and Hilda got together I bet.
Ironworker

Re: Fell off a ladder

Post by Ironworker »

Sorry to hear that Bruce. Glad you're on the mend. If you need a hand I'm in N. Palm for a couple of days, then its back to work on the boat.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
John F.

Post by John F. »

Glad that you’re feeling better. Get well.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Carl

Post by Carl »

It's usually not falling off the ladder that gets people...it's hitting the ground that seems to cause the most issue.

Yikes...sorry to hear that, but glad your doing better and good to see you on the sight. I'm not overly fond of ladders, even less fond of going up them. People like Hilda give that extra push to get better and be done with rehab.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Sorry to hear Bruce, take care of yourself.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad you did not break your neck and are on the mend!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Bruce glad you are on your way to recovery. Falling off a ladder is serious stuff.

Thank God you were not seriously injured.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hate to hear that Bruce. Glad you are on the mend. We just don’t bounce as well as we did when we were young!

Best of luck with the recovery.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

you may have to go to a good chiropractor i found it a better solution than three doctors that wanted to perform surgery.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Bruce-
I hope you mend well and quickly.
My experience has been that if it wasn't called physical therapy, they would get locked up for doing that stuff to another human...
God bless-
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Carl

Post by Carl »

Stephan wrote: Mar 19th, '23, 22:26 My experience has been that if it wasn't called physical therapy, they would get locked up for doing that stuff to another human...

That is almost funny...well funny from my perspective anyway. I only know of people who have gone, considering the therapy as torcher then became a necessary evil as they progressed. Kinda like the first person to eat a snail or lobster...I'd have to think they were starving to get those a whirl...but then....hmm, maybe not that bad giving a 2nd taste. Then it hit...a little butter would make it even better.

Anyway, I have to wonder how they decided the torcher made the condition better. Or was it after the torcher they noticed...hmm, their back/ leg/ joint is better than before we tortured him.

In any case, I am glad someone figured it out as surgery should be a last resort. When Doreen's chiropractor basically gave up on trying to help her with her back, he recommended her to go see a surgeon. A trip to the City to meet with a surgeon we expected nothing but a recommendation of having surgery. However, he blew us away by saying surgery should be a last resort and recommending Pain Management/Physical therapy first. If no progress, come back...after several visits thinking it was a waste of time results started to show.
Ironworker

Post by Ironworker »

Back and hip trouble? An Inversion table from Costco returned a quality of life that I never expected to see again and saved me from multiple surgeries. At $200 it was by far the best money I ever spent.
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue