31 Paint Job Budget?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ironworker

31 Paint Job Budget?

Post by Ironworker »

I'm probably several weeks away from needing a paint job. What is a reasonable budget for a topside job.

I'm painting the bottom, the cabin and V berth ourselves. So I'll need exterior sides, deck, cockpit and flybridge painted by a professional. I realize a hard number is contingent on the amount of prep work needs to be done but I'm looking for a budget range?
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
THESALTYSATO

Re: 31 Paint Job Budget?

Post by THESALTYSATO »

FYI
The boot ,sides,cockpit and the rest of the entire boat was quoted about 2 years ago at about $35,000 at Jarrett Bay in NC for the complete job on my 31. But I am sure it has gone up since. I do not know if that was high or in the ballpark at that time. I had the sides, boot and cockpit done only with Awlgrip and was about $15,000. Bottom was completely redone 5 years ago but can not remember the exact amount of $$ but a lot of prep was done(bottom blasted, blisters popped,sanded, 2 coats of resin sanded and 2 coats of Petit(vivid colors) on the bottom and a 3rd coat along the running edges. Has held up great but my boat is on a lift. hope this is helpful.
Ironworker

Re: 31 Paint Job Budget?

Post by Ironworker »

Very much so. I'm most appreciative!
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue