transducer

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

dognduck

transducer

Post by dognduck »

Shoot-thru-hull transducers. What is every ones opinion for using it on a bertram 31? Any one tried it?
Tony Meola

Re: transducer

Post by Tony Meola »

I believe Carl has one in his, hopefully he can tell you how it is working. I am running an airmar flush mount. Works really well. The scary part is you need to drill a 4 inch hole .
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Ironworker

Post by Ironworker »

Depends on what your use is. If its shallow water and detail is not an issue then they are fine. Depth sounders its a ideal use. If fish finding is your game then I wouldn't recommend a shoot thru unit.

I like pocket mount preferably (I have a Airmar 3 KW 599 unit in a pocket on the keel).
Rick Ott
Carolina Reaper
Hull # Don't have a clue
Carl

Post by Carl »

I have a shoot thru….

It works, is super ez and great for depth. I do use for fishing, finding structure up to 50-60’ and find it pretty decent. Now is it picking up as much detail or good for deeper water… I’m not sure, I really haven’t gone offshore in deeper water lately and my other finders with flush mount died. This was meant to be quick need to know depth unit with plans on buying a flush mount when no longer on back order.

So far, I’m really happy with this setup. Maybe deeper water will change my mind when I get the time to venture off shore
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

now thats a painful subject it took me 5 days to install my chirp transducer !!!! huge!!!!! comes with 18" fairing block highly unlikely some nut job wants to tackle this job so i will not goes thru the steps unless someone ask . it also coat a fortune and does not plug into your display however it looks like a X-BOX in multi color precision with vivid intensity of the entire water column to 3000'
capt.bob lico
bero13010473