UV

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

UV

Post by Dug »

10 years ago Uncle Vic passed. It was the end of an era. UV I miss ya my friend. First you make a roux…
Tony Meola

Re: UV

Post by Tony Meola »

10 years. Wow how time goes by.

He is missed by all that new him. He sure could stir the pot and was the only person to have Capt. Pat lock up a thread. Some great discussions and he was very helpful to those that sought his assistance. He trusted everyone on this board and never regretted it.

We have had some great members that have left us too early. UV was a legend and will always be a big part of what made this board what it is today.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

As most of us are older even than our boats, this site progressively will accommodate more farewell threads of us gone to meet UV and the Cpt.
Maybe then, a good idea would be to create a separate “those who travelled far” folder.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

10 years. Wow that’s hard to believe. I learned a lot from his comments. Being a southern boy with some acreage out in the county, “Burn at night” was one of my favorites.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote: May 26th, '22, 21:31 ...and he was very helpful to those that sought his assistance.

...and he offered assistance to some who did not seek it as well.

A call out of the blue to offer help, legal or otherwise had my head spinning in a good way at a rough time.

Uncle Vic is gone but far from forgotten. His actions taught lessons I carry with me and strive to attain in my life. He also had one hell of a sense of humor...definitely he is missed as is Captain Patrick.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

... Burn at night has stayed with me also.
When faced with an electrical gremlin in a vehicle or boat I reflexively give the connections a shot of CorrosionX and when it works Uncle Vic gets the credit.
never did get to fish the UVI - I understand he won it a few times.
Best,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I made the UVII and the first Tropic Star trip. What a gentleman and a great all around guy! I cannot believe it has been 10 years. I still think of him often. Capt. Pat and UV really made a legacy for themselves by helping us out! I am not too proud to admit that I cried at my computer when I heard he had finally passed.

Tight lines UV! Yo' frien' Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Rawleigh wrote: May 27th, '22, 12:52 I made the UVII and the first Tropic Star trip. What a gentleman and a great all around guy! I cannot believe it has been 10 years. I still think of him often. Capt. Pat and UV really made a legacy for themselves by helping us out! I am not too proud to admit that I cried at my computer when I heard he had finally passed.

Tight lines UV! Yo' frien' Rawleigh
Loosing both of them was tough. Never personally met either one. Talked to Capt. Pat a few times and to UV once. It was like loosing a family member.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Remember it well. I still have a letter somewhere from him when Mara was sick. He certainly had a way with words. We're all getting older and time slips. Have fun with the ones important to you. Hold back on the cross words. Like Andre said to me a few years back when we were talking about getting together for something or another, Get after it, time is short.

Stay well all.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
neil

Post by neil »

When we were in Newport I will never forget capt Patrick refered to uv as his platinum spark plug they are both missed
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

You said it Mark "time is short." Live every minute guys. I fished the 2005 UVI. Laughed for 3 days straight. Thanks Uncle Vic.
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

I never met or talked with him, Saturday morning while cleaning out the garage of boat renovation items for hazardous waste day I came across one of the corrosion X cans that he sent me. I had a chuckle remembering the lines about Rouxs, clears and magic potions. It reminded me I need to order some more.

While cleaning, hazardous waste and boat renovation shouldn't be associated with him, funny lines definitely should be.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

"The money is in the iron!"
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31