31 Bertram Rub Rail

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

saburke17

31 Bertram Rub Rail

Post by saburke17 »

Anyone on the east coast looking for Rub Rail from 31 Bertram in California? He has 4 sets ready to ship and we could all split the shipping. My shipping quote here to Mass is about 850.00. This is the Capt Pat stuff, I got a similar quote quote from Hightide but i guess he uses the 35 Bertram Asymmetrical stuff where Capt Pats design is Symmetrical. Need to know in the next few days as i need to get mine ordered. My quote is $2545.00 without shipping and if we get 4 he will take 10% off.
trace elements

Re: 31 Bertram Rub Rail

Post by trace elements »

Take a look at Integrity Marine

R1576 Rigid Rubrail (takes 3/4" Hollow Stainless Steel)

With the insert and shipping ends up being about half.
saburke17

Post by saburke17 »

have you installed this?
trace elements

Post by trace elements »

I think Snipe on here did. That is what I am looking to install in the spring.
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

The corners can be miter cut, but to bend the bow yourself you need to construct a jig and have a way to evenly heat the rub rail. Bending those U or C shaped rub rail is not so easy.

I think the places that offer it build a hot box to warm the rail up so it makes a nice smooth bend because I’ve done it with heat guns and it’s a pain.

On the same subject I would love to see the machines that make the stainless s bends in action

moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

saburke, have you purchased this yet? I may be interested in jumping in and splitting shipping.

Max
Max
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

I did get samples from them and one would work I believe it was the same as Viking uses but it was bigger than stock.The other was from the new 35 and would not fit without serious modifications.I ended up buying my rub rail from Danny at high tide it came with all corners pre bent and the bow. It also had the stainless and all screws to mount. I will be doing it in the spring I will post pictures when I get to it.
Jason
saburke17

Post by saburke17 »

Hey Max, Unfortunately i ordered it. The shop doing the painting wanted the prebent stuff as his shop is backed way up with work and didn't want to mess with bending. otherwise i would have gone with the stuff here in MAss
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

No sweat- good luck with the project!
Max