Catching up...hinges?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevin

Catching up...hinges?

Post by Kevin »

Happy new year everyone. Hope you are all well. Been away and out of the game for some time now. Got the old computer up and running off the hotspot. Have not had internet at house in over two years, just cell phones! I have not been boating since I left the keys. I thought about selling the 28 back in 2019 but the bride said no!
Pete, I do believe I have those hinges let me know if I can send them to somebody for use.
Tony Meola

Re: Catching up...hinges?

Post by Tony Meola »

Kevin

Welcome back. Two years without internet. Wow.

I give you credit. But it must be like coming out of a time warp. But you know what, you did not have to put up with all the BS in the World.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Kevin:

So you are no longer in the Keys? Where have you been spending your time and where is the nice deisel 28? Welcome back!

Mark
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Hey Kevin! Good to hear from you. I was wondering what had become of you. After losing Scott we have been worrying about the absent members. I don't know whether to say congratulations or not on getting internet. No good news anymore it seems. Where are you keeping the boat and yourselves? Rawleigh
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I should elaborate on No internet. We have to operate from our phones as my neighborhood does not have cable internet unless you get a dish. Neighbors told us it's terrible so we didn't bother. Even cell service is poor so I have antennas to get signal into the house. I'm on the list for starlink but still waiting......
Set up an office recently and dusted off the old computer and hooked it to the cell phone. Been sorting through old hard drives and getting 15 to 20 years worth of photos consolidated on to one storage drive. Lots of boat memories showing up.
We are in Palm City FL. Spend some of our free time dragging the toy hauler around camping and dirt biking. Not living on the water made it near impossible to use the boat. The roads and ramps are not conducive to trailering a wide load around here. Not to mention truck isn't big enough. Buddy of mine transported the boat for me and and it's blocked up in sitting inside my shop. Once the boat was in place I flushed the engines, drained the tank and pulled the batteries.
I am going to redo the tubes and dripless seals along with build better rudder shelves. The enemy of good is better, right? Top side is due for paint again. 15 years in the sun was tough on it. Hull paint still looks great and the diesels look even better. Best engines I've ever had!
Besides getting older every day not much else going on. Glad to be in Florida given the circumstances.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Glad to hear everything is OK. Stay in touch!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

The enemy of good is better, right?
More than one way to skin a cat than feed it melted butter....

Good to hear from you, Kevin.