Hey! It's Me

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harv

Hey! It's Me

Post by Harv »

Hey sandbox. It's been a while. Long time no see. Been a rough road the past few years.
Windstar has gone to a new steward on the St. Lawrence River. She will be converted to outboards
from what I've heard. Sold my house and looking for a new crib. Waiting to finish litigation in a
personal injury case. Still a lot going on and waiting for everything to settle down. Don't know
if another boat will be in my life. We'll just have to wait to see how the next chapter plays out.
Harv
Tommy

Re: Hey! It's Me

Post by Tommy »

Welcome back, Harv; we have missed you. Sorry about the rough patches you have endured, but may you enjoy calmer seas ahead!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Harv-

Great to hear from you! Life does get in the way at times hopefully the rough roads will soon be behind you. Having a boat you are not using does not make much sense, so seeing her go to a new steward that will use her is a good thing. Always have many boats on this forum you know you have an invite on...mine included.
Although I like to think I use mine a lot, I went down to change the oil after work yesterday, it's still clean, checked hours, and yep...not that many to need changing. So packed up the oil, filters and will do it at the end of the season.
Remember, you don;t need a Bertram to be here...just like em....and who don't like em?
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hi Harv!
Thanks for the update and I’m happy you’ve broken the silence and can join us again!
I too am Bertramless but as Carl said you don’t need one just like them. Wow it’s like some of the originals coming on board again,nice.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Harv

Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the rough patch. Somebody mentioned the SJ Shark tourney and I thought back to fishing it with you, your Dad, Doug, and your portable NY deli. Good times

John
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
neil

Post by neil »

Harv it is good to see you back we miss having breakfast with you at t the many rendezvous we have spent together
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harv

Good to hear from you. It has been a long time. Sorry to hear about your rough road. I know the last time we talked, which was several years ago, you were having some health issues. Hope that is all behind you.

No need to stay away. Please keep in touch.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Harv: Good to hear from you! Are you going to be able come down to the St. Michael's Rendezvous and get a Bertram ride?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harv

Post by Harv »

Thanks for the responses. It's great to stir up the old memories.
Get to speak or see with a few of the "Ole Farts" (Senior Members) from time to time.
Harv
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

Hi Harv,

It's great to hear from you it brings a smile thinking of fishing with you and your Dad. Awfully sorry to hear about the tough times you've been through and really hope they're behind you now and smoother sailing ahead!

Cheers,
John