Fuel Injector Shop?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Marshall Mahoney

Fuel Injector Shop?

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

Any recommendations on a fuel injector rebuild shop? Not happy with the shop down here. I was going to attempt my own re-build but the injector test pump I bought off of Amazon was crap. Also, any good sources for new injectors? I am struggling to find injectors to match my Cummins 6BTA 300HP CPL# 970...

Thanks
scenarioL113

Re: Fuel Injector Shop?

Post by scenarioL113 »

I have used NOZZLE MASTERS in Orlando Florida you can ask for Dominic, I have had them rebuild a CAV pump and they also redid some injectors for me. I have NO COMPLAINTS and they are reasonably priced.

That is my personal experience.

I live in NY and I send them my parts via USPS. Just make sure that what ever you send them or any other place that the parts are free of liquid diesel and odor the best you can. I would triple wrap the injectors or pump in plastic after you did the best you can with cleaning them prior to shipping. The USPS or UPS or Fed-Ex dont like things that smell like fuel.
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Frank,

I wonder why they dislike heavy metal parts that smell of fuel.
What could possibly TRIGGER that aversion! Lol...
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

When I was sending the pump to them a few yrs ago there was a little dab of diesel on the cardboard. The USPS made such a big deal over it but I assured them that it was "just parts" inside and there was no oil or fuel. (technically that was NOT a lie because I removed all that I could) So as far as I knew there was no fuel even tho they could smell it.
Then she said if it gets seized bc of the odor that I would not get it back.

Moral of the story here is to clean it the best you can, remove ALL the fuel and blow it all out with air, brake cleaner etc... wrap it in a few layers of plastic, and maybe even throw in a car air freshener and give it one last wrap of plastic and duct tape and then put in the box.....make sure the box is clean...

then you should be good to go...
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

Thanks Frank -- I sent the injector shop an e-mail last night. And I had no idea about the odor issue. I will hit with brake cleaner and double zip lock -- thanks for the heads up...
--Marshall