Bertram 25 Flybridge

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

UpskirtLuresTackle

Bertram 25 Flybridge

Post by UpskirtLuresTackle »

My family had a 31 in Cape May when I was a very young, and now I guess the Bertram bug bit me. I have been running offshore alot in the past 3 years in a single engine 22 kencraft, after doing 75 mile trips to the Baltimore canyon, its time to have 2 engines and a couple extra foot. I've mainly been looking at the 25 Flybridge since it's still trailerable, the wide beam and it just looks awesome! My concerns are range with fuel, speed and the overall cosmetic looks. I found a twin 318 v drive that looks nice but don't know about the performance #'s and trailering of an inboard. Then there's always the option of twin o/b on a bracket but I would like to keep it as classic as possible. If anyone has input I would appreciate it
ktm_2000

Re: Bertram 25 Flybridge

Post by ktm_2000 »

My B25 had twin 3/0s and got pretty good gas mileage some where in the 1.5-2 nmpg range but I did not have a lot of fuel capacity so I never tried to run to the canyons up here in the NE in my boat.

I'm guessing that the inboards are not as efficient as the I/Os and the 318s are more thirsty lastly that model doesn't have more than a 80 gallon tank so I am doubtful that it would have canyon range without an extra fuel tank. There are others here with inboard V8s and could give you more accurate idea of what you could expect.

I'm re-doing my B25 planning on a single 300hp outboard and have upped my fuel tank to 140 gallons. I am expecting a 24kt cruise at 11-12gph and am still somewhat concerned I won't have canyon range but I have a longer run than you have
Joseph Fikentscher

Re: Bertram 25 Flybridge

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Mine is for sale in Brick, NJ. 318 Chryslers. About 18-20 cruise at 16 GPH.100 Gallons fuel.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]