donation

Post by Charlie J »

just sent a check out to bruce to cover the expenses hes occurred
did anyone else have a senior moment as i had lol
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Tommy

Re: donation

Post by Tommy »

Charlie, thanks so much for reminding us of this opportunity to support the this site which Capt. Patrick founded back around 1999. We are fortunate that Pat's best friend, Bruce Creamer, has carried the burden (with the help of Mean Mike Ohlstein) of keeping Bertram31.com alive. When technology changes forced how the site operated (all of which is over my head), Bruce spent a lot of time and personal funds to transition the site to the new technology with little success. Fortunately, one of the brotherhood, Matt (Board name "KTM-2000"), volunteered to figure out and implement a fix to the system. One of the guys asked Matt if we could make a contribution to him for his efforts, Matt simply responded: "Consider it my contribution to the Board". Again, THANK YOU MATT!

I would like to add to Charlie's post by reprinting Uncle Vic's post that he shared before he passed away. Uncle Vic was one of the very first posting contributors and he also organized the first Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show B-31 Rendezvous. Vic became good friends with Patrick, Bruce, Mike, me as well as scores of other B-31ers. Since Bruce has experienced substantial out-of-pocket expenses as well as a lot of time, I have reprinted (with appropriate edits) Uncle Vic's post asking for support for the site. This from the eloquent Uncle Vic:

Faithful - I write to insure that we all are aware that this site - our beloved "sandbox" - is a totally non-commercial labor of love conceived, owned, and operated by Capt. Patrick McCrary (now Bruce Creamer) for our benefit and pleasure. It is only supported by our donations to him. There is no advertising revenue, no dues, or other sources of income to support our site.

Patrick (and Bruce) would never ask any of us for money - he's just not that kind of guy. But he's now retired and pretty much just lives on social security. He bears the expense of operating this site out of his own pocket. Many of us have financially supported the site over the past eleven years but there are a lot of new Faithful here now that may not realize that our donations are critical to this site remaining open and free.

Each and every one of us that frequents this sandbox is morally obligated to send Patrick some money to support the site. Its as simple as that - the value we all get , both financially in huge savings of avoiding screw-ups, and the pure laughs DEMANDS that we put our money where our keyboard is.

Just sit down and write a check payable to "Bruce Creamer" and mail it - how about including a note from you thanking him for what he does for us? - to him at RMC, 3520 Consumer St, Suite 5, Riviera Beach, FL 33404....or stuff some green money in an envelope and send it. No credit cards, no PayPal, its not a commercial venture. Many of us send $100 or more, but anything will help.

Again, its our moral obligation to support the sandbox. So do it, and do it right now so you can participate here with a clear conscience.

UV

One final note: when I click on "mailing Address" on the B-31 site, Capt. Pat's old Llano, Texas address is shown. Please disregard that and use Bruce's address as follows:

Bruce Creamer
RMC
3520 Consumer St, #5
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

well said Tommy
thanks
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Carl

Post by Carl »

Slight big change for all, since it happened.

That used to be the case when PayPal was not accepted...now feel free to send via PayPal

Pay pal email link is bruce@southeastmarine.com

If checks are your thing then they can be made out to Bruce Creamer
Send to same at: c/o RMC, 3520 consumer st, suite 5, Riviera Beach, Fla, 33404

Please if you make a donation, pm BRUCE to make sure BRUCE can confirm delivery.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Carl, thanks for the update and clarification re; the opportunity for PayPal.

TD
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Guys,

Don't forget to send whatever you can to keep this Forum alive:

You may send through Pay Pal at the following email:

bruce@southeastmarine.com

If sending checks, at the following address:

Bruce Creamer
RMC
3520 Consumer St, #5