Wits End

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

sillverchevy

Wits End

Post by sillverchevy »

Out in Montauk this past Fri fishing the fall run, saw this FBC in the middle of it. 4 guys on board having a blast...heard them a mile away every time they hooked up. Boat looked good, and was real QUICK... Anyone on here own?
scenarioL113

Re: Wits End

Post by scenarioL113 »

Don't know who's boat but are you sure they were not screaming (maybe not laughing) because they have to throw back 40lb and 50lb stripers because of these ridiculous regulations we have this year in the Peoples Republic of NY
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
ktm_2000

Post by ktm_2000 »

big girls need love too..................

released
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2gmbfqkiWmb5cktA9

This one gave me the kick in the pants which got me going on my project again
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Silverchevy----did you post a pic?---I couldn't see it
Dug

Post by Dug »

Wits End is owned by Jeff Pagano, an amazing guy who lives out on LI. Two great kids. Terrific they were having fun!!!
sillverchevy

Post by sillverchevy »

We were most definitely not into 40-50 lb bass this day....we were however into thousands of 24-28 inch bass....acres and acres of it.. No pics, but heres a video my buddy made, I'm the fly guy in the red hat. At the very end, you'll see a glimpse...a silhouette... of Wits End.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYHBmAwBOc
jeffery pagano

Post by jeffery pagano »

Thank you for the kind comments concerning Wits End. My son, who grew up on the Wits End, including attending many years of the great NE Rendezvous, was fishing with his friends. Wits End is docked in East Hampton NY. My son's picture is on the Website in the Offshore Magazine article reporting on the 2002 Block Island Rendezvous, where he and Neil Franzoni's son ("Junior") were giving each other the Bertram secret handshake. Neil's son is now a captain of much larger vessels. Bertram 31's are much more than the actual vessel which is superb, but reflect a "family" of like spirited individuals who desire continuous challenges, whether fishing, traveling with the Bert or simply having a good time. It appears my son was doing all three off Montauk this weekend, while I worked....

To all of you I wish only the best. I hope to attend another Rendezvous very soon, as long as it doesn't conflict with racing cars in the Hot Rod Drag Week event in September. The years have gone by very fast, but Wits End remains the same proud vessel that I continue to admire.
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

sillverchevy wrote: Oct 26th, '20, 17:58 We were most definitely not into 40-50 lb bass this day....we were however into thousands of 24-28 inch bass....acres and acres of it.. No pics, but heres a video my buddy made, I'm the fly guy in the red hat. At the very end, you'll see a glimpse...a silhouette... of Wits End.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqYHBmAwBOc
I hear ya, my buddy had to throw back a 45+ pounder last week off of Long Beach. I hope I dont catch anything big...
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET