Overall ht spec

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Marlin

Overall ht spec

Post by Marlin »

I’m wanting to send my 1970 sport fish down the road on a truck by a professional boat hauler. He wants the top of the flybridge to the keel measurement. I’m sure 100,s were sent down the road over the years and I have also sent mine over the road, but need a new trucker. Any imput would be appreciated.
Tony Meola

Re: Overall ht spec

Post by Tony Meola »

I know the specs are on the site some place. I don't have access to my files right now, but if no one answers you I will dig out the files on Tuesday and see what I have that will help.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

The owners manual http://bertram31.com/specs/BertramManual1.pdf states 6'2" above the waterline...
Best,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Marlin,
Most of the FBC's I have surveyed have a trucking height of 11'6" from the keel to the top of they windscreen. If you have any anchor lights, antennas, outriggers or removable Bimini tops I would taken them down or remove them to the cockpit. The Interstate bridges have a 13'6" clearance, unless otherwise marked. I used Skipper Shipper out of Jensen Beach for my moves many times. Barney is used to hauling 31's all over the U.S. Where is the boat headed to this time, is it still at Forest River in Stuart.?
Pete Fallon
561-310-7179
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Marlin

I dug out my owners manual for my 75 FBC. The manual says 9' 9" to the chine. So that would be midships at the top of the bridge windshield. Then I have a diagram that show at the stern center it is 55 1/4" from the top of cap to the bottom of the hull at the deepest point then it is another 12 inches to the prop. Does not indicate if it is to the center of the hub or the lowest point on the prop and at that time that was an 18 inch prop.

Given what I am looking at I would agree with Pete but I would call it 12 feet to be safe, before you need to add in any thing that is not original and sticks above the windshield.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Marlin

Post by Marlin »

Thx guys, told the trucker12’ also, ,may need to pull the 4 blade wheels on the 1 3/4” shafts, gathering all the various prop pullers I can locate . Sent the boat to Barcelona New York couple years ago ,thought I might use it again, not. Now I’m moving it to Jamestown New York to a marina I built several years ago And turn her into a charter fishin/booze cruise boat. Have to rework the boot stripe and swim platform as they have been under water since she saw fresh water, forgot that issue. Tried to keep full low but still didn’t happen and fuel has to be brought in by truck on the small lake I’m putting her on. Planning on this move on this coming Monday into a new heated winter storage bldg we just completed
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Marlin,
Glad to hear that your going to get some use out of the 31 after all the work you put into her. I am still in Massachusetts and had to retire from surveying on orders from the doctor. Still hope to get back to South Florida but looks like I need more knee work in the near future. How's the fishing in the Turks & Caicos, what are you fishing off down there.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
saburke17

Post by saburke17 »

Pete, Im in Mass now. Have the boat down at Steamboat Wharf in Hull, going to be pulling the engines out and fixing a bunch of the Bullshit work the FL douche did.