Eiremar is Sold - Sad Day for Sure!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Vince Luciani

Eiremar is Sold - Sad Day for Sure!

Post by Vince Luciani »

Hello all,

My boat sale was finalized last week. All went well and smoothly but it certainly was a very sad day for me when my boat left for Idaho! I know intellectually that it was the right thing, but it still hurt. I have been an owner for 22 great years with wonderful memories for me, my family and friends. The sadness has set in that I am no longer a 31 bertram owner. That pride of ownership always lifted me. I enjoyed every moment. And this website certainly enhanced the joy of ownership. There is just a great group of people here!

It helps to know that the boat is going to some great young owners who I know will do her proud. I truly hope that they join this site. They restore Porche cars and Voltswagen mini-buses for a living and they have all of the skills to do incredible things to her. I expect great things.

Thank you for all the help and guidance over the years. This site has been an incredible resource with incredible sharing people. I owe a lot to Captain Patrick of course! It was fate that night that I found his website many years ago. I believe I may have been the third subscriber. Little did I know the journey I was about to take back then. From repowering with Cummins diesels to fiber-glassed windshields to livewells, strut pads, etc. this site guided me. His generosity to share all of his knowledge was incredible and inspired me.

Although I didn’t become a “fixture” on the site like some others (e.g., Vic Roy, etc.) I was always here. Checking into this site on a daily basis has been a ritual of mine for years always eager with anticipation to read the new posts. I will continue that ritual even though I am no longer an owner. I still love 31 bertrams.

Thank you again to everyone!

Vince Luciani

scenarioL113

Re: Eiremar is Sold - Sad Day for Sure!

Post by scenarioL113 »

Sad day for sure! Hang in there
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
Dug

Post by Dug »

So sorry Vince. You are welcome aboard Alchemy anytime.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Idaho? Is there even a lake in Idaho? Maybe that reservoir on the Snake River?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Carl

Post by Carl »

Now you get to pick a place and come spend time on our Bertrams.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Vince

I am both happy and sad for you. Happy that you were able to find a good home for her and sad that you had to give up something you loved.

Please hang around. I know that you can provide advice and knowledge to others and that is important. Plus once a Bertram owner always a Bertram owner no matter what.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MikeD@Lightningshack

Post by MikeD@Lightningshack »

That saying about the 2 best days for boat ownership does not hold true for us 31 Bertram guys! Sold my 31 6 years ago and I know how you feel. I still read a lot of posts here, it's good therapy I think.
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

Sorry to see it go Vince! I am sure you will have lots of invites from the guys on here to go enjoy a Bertram day if you need one!
Jason
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Thanks everyone for the kind words and invites! The new owners will use the boat in Ilwaco, Washington. Ilwaco is located on the Pacific Coast on the Columbia River. They are big salmon and albacore fisherman. They are sure to turn a lot of heads out there with a bertram. They tell me that there really aren't any 31 bertrams in that area.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

They look like nice people and they are happy. I bet with their experience it will have some nice work done on it.
Hang in there.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Amberjack

Post by Amberjack »

Vince Luciani wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words and invites! The new owners will use the boat in Ilwaco, Washington. Ilwaco is located on the Pacific Coast on the Columbia River. They are big salmon and albacore fisherman. They are sure to turn a lot of heads out there with a bertram. They tell me that there really aren't any 31 bertrams in that area.
Vince--In fact there is another Bertram 31 in Ilwaco, although a heavily modified one. A couple years ago when Amberjack was hauled at Delta Marine in Seattle I noticed a large boat that had just been loaded onto a trailer. Looked nice, looked kind of familiar...darn if it wasn't at least the bones of a B31. The owner told me he found it in a field in Eastern Oregon, a former coast life guard boat which had been surplused out. He stripped it out and went to work converting it to a charter boat. The gunwales were raised substantially and I think I remember he had glassed in the deckhouse windows as well as converted from inboard to outboard power. The result was a great boat with huge, safe cockpit space and even more bullet proof than our stock boats up forward. He was just leaving for Ilwaco when I saw him. If I can find the pictures I snapped I will post them.
Doug Pratt
Bertram 31 Amberjack
FBC hull #315-820
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Amberjack,

That is interesting information. I will pass that along to the new owners so that they can be on the lookout. Photos would be great!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Vince,
I know how you feel, believe me! I second everything you said about the 31, this site, and the comradery it has to offer. I also learned so much about the 31, and really many other skills along the way and appreciate the site letting me join in from time to time! Don't be a stranger. Please keep on the site and say hello sometimes.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

New owners have registered on the site.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315