Cap't Patrick's Legacy Lives on!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkD

Cap't Patrick's Legacy Lives on!

Post by MarkD »

Quoted in the ad - Captain Pat and his work on Legacy.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1973/b ... l-3698115/
PeterPalmieri

Re: Cap't Patrick's Legacy Lives on!

Post by PeterPalmieri »

She’s a beauty and he was one of a kind.

Interestingly this boat is about 5 miles down the road, have never seen her put on the water.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

That's the old Buddy Boy.

Funny when we went down to Ft Lauderdale show for the Bertram unvailing of the 36 and sorta the remake of Bertram, they ran the video of that 31.
I was standing next to one of the Bertram execs and mentioned did he know who refit that. No he said and I pointed to Pat and myself who did the work.

Just shrugged. Pat was much more inclined to dismiss their ignorance. I told him they were just a bunch of media grabbing whores who's only concern was about trading fiberglass for dollars.

Not the old days of Bertram for sure.
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

She used to stay down in Key Colony Beach in the Keys for a few years. The boat was called Gator Ray back then. I kayaked by it a couple times on the canal where it was berthed, she was (and still is) a beautiful boat. Bruce you and Capt. Pat knocked it out of the park on that one.

The ad said the refit was in 2004, I thought you guys had finished that one before the web site started up around 2000 but I guess not. Damn time flies. Your work has held up well.
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Peter,
That is the old Buddy Boy, I surveyed it 3 times since Bruce and Pat did the redo in 2003 she was a 1973 hull that Jim Bailey owned, he kept her in Key Colony, Key Largo. after Jim sold her the new owner brought her up to the Miami area, Bertram used her as a display boat at Miami Boat show. It still looks as good as when Jim first got her from Capt Pat.
Pete Fallon