Tropic Star 2019 Recap Newsletter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Tropic Star 2019 Recap Newsletter

Post by MarkS »

I received the Tropic Star Newsletter a few days back and finally got around to reading it. They did a quarterly recap of the guests and the memorable fish caught and happenings of interest of which none of the B31 crew made the cut! Needless to say I was thoroughly disappointed that none of us had left an indelible mark on the staff, management or boat crews that brought us noteworthy fame in the letter. I mean with the fine display of anglers and the well rounded display of species we caught I would have thought we were a shoe in for the front cover! Looking back some of the upside we brought to the table included perfect human specimens from the angling world! Multi lingual individuals especially after 7-8pm when the real professing (no offense Mike) and the Spanish swearing took place. Our cockpit etiquette and rigging assistance made no difference. We got nothing, nada, nil....

see if my roomie and I run up a $1500 bar tab next time we go...
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
DanielM

Re: Tropic Star 2019 Recap Newsletter

Post by DanielM »

Mark, a $1,500.00 bar tab?? Was it just a weekend trip? I thought you went for the whole week.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Mark,

If you guys drank beer for 3-4 days and spent $1500, then it would be interesting to know how many beers that amount represents. If you ask me, it would be the equivalent of a barrel of ouzo...enough to knock an elephant out for a week.

No surprise, therefore, that there was no mention about your fishing feats, as at a state like that a fish usually looks remarkably longer and heavier LOL !
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Yannis,

Mark is a buddy of mine I was just kidding around with him. I think they were down there for 7 or 8 days. I’m sure he had his share of the cold drinks but it wasn’t a weekend trip. Form what I read on here the fishing was pretty darn good as well.

Danny
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Hey

Mark, $1,500, I think if UV was still here he would tell you that was child's play.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Danny,

Sure, I understood, I also tried to make a joke, although if any of you ever came around here in the summer you’d probably make Mark’s tab look “a child’s play” in a shorter period than 7-8 days...without any fishing interfering!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Full disclosure there was a few shirts and a couple of massages on the bill. I don’t remember any beer on that tab but there were a few on the boat. What a place!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage