Listing my Baby for Sale - Sad Day for Me

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Vince Luciani

Listing my Baby for Sale - Sad Day for Me

Post by Vince Luciani »

Hello Gang,

I know what they say about the happiest two days of a boat owner, but not for me! It is with great saddest that I have come to put my baby up for sale. I have been a member of this site from the start and my bertram has been such a big part of my life for the last 21 years. Unfortunately, at times life has twists and turns that are unexpected. Last year I had some unexpected serious health issues and I know it is time to pass her on. The boat is rock solid and has never let me down. I repowered with Cummins 6bta's in 2007 (original motors were detroit diesel 453's) and they have not missed a beat. I have done many of the projects that most of the bertram owners have on their wish list (e.g., glassed front windows, frameless windows, etc). The interior is clean but can only be described as basic ( bench seats with lots of storage underneath). I was a fisherman first and foremost and the idea of a cabin with many creature comforts was not high on my list of priorities. The basic platform is there to do a nice interior.

She is turnkey and ready to fish the canyons. My listing is on the advertisement board.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks for the good times fellows!

Vince
Stephan

Re: Listing my Baby for Sale - Sad Day for Me

Post by Stephan »

Vince-
Sad day for us. I hope the sale process goes well and you stick around here if for no other reason than a chuckle when we try to do the projects you did so well.
Regards,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

Vince
sorry to here this, but i understand
i sold mine due to heath issues also
wishing you the best
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Carl

Post by Carl »

Sorry to hear you will be needing to give up the boat...and of course news of health issues is never good.

On the up side, being part of the sandbox you get to pick a place, find a fellow member in that area and you know you'll have an open invite out on a Bertram.

Best wishes on getting over your issues and hopefully when I'm in and running you' lol take me up on a trip on my boat. Although Pete and his family have first dibs on a lady Liberty ride.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Vince

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Please stick around, don't be a stranger. It always a pleasure to read your posts.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Vince,
Sorry to hear that your giving up you boat, I went through that some thing back in 2014 after 37 years of ownership. But life goes on, you will always have boating buddies on this board.
Pete Fallon
John F.

Post by John F. »

Sorry to hear Vince. Your B31 should sell fast at that price. Better be sure that you want to sell her
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Dug

Post by Dug »

So sorry Vince!!! Don’t be a stranger though!!! And I hope your health returns!!!