She's for sale again

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Mikey

She's for sale again

Post by Mikey »

Well, Gang, long story short she is back on the market. I had a deal that fell through when the buyer ran into personal issue which precluded his purchase. The boat has been on the hard and shrink wrapped since last Fall and is ready to go. Here's the original listing. its quite a deal.

Ran into a friend I haven’t seen in fifty years when his B31 showed up at the yard where I haul out. The owner of the yard said he wants to sell her but doesn’t know where and how, so I said I’d give him a hand for old time sake.
His father bought this sport fish new in North Carolina. She has lived her whole life in a boat house custom built for her and in fresh water! This Fall he brought her to our yard for some maintenance. This yard is the only place it has been serviced or repaired.
They polished her up as part of this year’s trip. She looks nearly new. They stripped the bottom and applied new bottom paint. Otherwise she is all original including the rebuilt Chrysler’s which now have about 600 hours. The carbs were just rebuilt and she runs like a scalded dog.
Her number is 314-762 which means she is a Sport Fish and probably a 1967.
She has upper and lower helms. The instrumentation is original. The interior is all original and is in very nice shape for her age.
If you are looking for an original boat for restoration or just want an original boat that is ready to go here she is. He is asking $30,000 which seems very fair all things considered. If I didn’t have Dreamsicle I would jump on this. I have some pictures to share and can tell anyone interested about her. She is in Virginia. Send me a P.M. We'll talk.

Picture under post "1967 Sport Fish for sale."
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Rawleigh

Re: She's for sale again

Post by Rawleigh »

Mikey: I worked on that boat at the same yard when I worked there the summer when I was 16 and 17. And that was 40 years ago!! She still looks just as good now as she did then. Has the gas tank been changed?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Mikey

Re: She's for sale again

Post by Mikey »

Thanks, Rawleigh. Original fuel tank. Never used Ethanol fuel, so no need.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein