fuel hoses

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

1962 31

fuel hoses

Post by 1962 31 »

when I repowered with the cummins I just used fuel hose with barbed fittings and clamps
ive had an air leak on suction side from day one
tried everything multiple times to seal it to no avail
what hoses are you guys using jic ??
source for hoses and fittings and made by someone or crimped yourself
thanks for any help or input
Ernie Sandoval

Re: fuel hoses

Post by Ernie Sandoval »

All the fuel hoses I’ve ever seen have been screw type flared fittings. If you have a good hydraulic shop nearby they should be able to make up any size you need. The shops here in Phoenix have every fitting known to man. I’d imagine it would be similar out your way. I believe the fuel hoses have a colored stripe depending on fluid type? They’ll know. I know that wasn’t much help but I could get some numbers off my hoses and take a picture if you don’t find what you’re looking for.
Ernie Sandoval
86’ 31 Bertram-BERGAG23D686
Snipe

Post by Snipe »

https://tridentmarine.com/product/parke ... tings-221/
If you are in point pleasant still there is a place called the hose shop in Marlboro that can make you these lines. http://hoseshopinc.com/
Jason
EarleyBird

Post by EarleyBird »

See your a local fellow ie. Monmouth/Ocean Counties NJ. Magnum Helical Coils, Bridge Ave. next to Half Moon Point will make any fuel/oil hose with fittings you’ll need for those motors. Quality Material.
EarleyBird
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Have you checked the fuel feed block on the tank. Maybe one of the brass tubes cracked. Have you pressurized the lines and soap tested? There are allot of diesels running with push locks and clamps. Your running like 250's f I remember correctly. Not a ton of fuel running rough that system.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
1962 31

Post by 1962 31 »

JP I haven't pressure tested them yet
the tank is only 5 years old and the tubes aren't removable to check them doesn't mean its not bad though
ill try and plug the one end and at least rule out filters and fittings with a pressure test