2019 Northern New England Bertram Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

moguls2go

2019 Northern New England Bertram Rendezvous

Post by moguls2go »

The 2019 Northern New England Bertram Rendezvous will be at Charlestown Marina, Friday July 19 - Sunday July 21. Call to make your reservation (617.242.2020) or use Dockwa; tell 'em you're with the Bertram group and they'll do their best to keep us close to each other.

2017 saw ~4 boats participate; last year in P-town we had something like 15 boats... hopefully we can do even better this year.

Come one, come all.
Max
moguls2go

Re: 2019 Northern New England Bertram Rendezvous

Post by moguls2go »

Correction: call to make a reservation (617.242.2020) rather than using Dockwa. They've offered a discounted rate ($2.50/ft under 50') and have an easier time applying that rate via phone.
Max
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

sounds like fun
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I'll be there!
Regards,

Doug L.
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Hi B31 Crew:

Some of you likely saw the note this week, but for those who didn't... Bring your Bertram to any 2019 Rendezvous and be entered into a drawing for one 3 day/4 night trip to the Tropic Star Lodge for 2 people. There are events in North Carolina, New England, Long Island, Annapolis, Long Beach, and the Pacific Northwest.

I'm helping to organize the New England event and am happy to share the itinerary (so far). There are a few more treats we're working to add, but I think it's safe to say the event is growing up with the help of several enthusiastic organizers (not me, I'm coming in at the 11th hour in hopes of stealing the spotlight!). Add in actual, real life sponsors, including Garmin and Seakeeper and, well... we can do more with more.

The event is scheduled for July 19-21 at Charlestown Marina. To book a slip use Dockwa or call the marina: 617.242.2020

Friday, July 19:
Friday Afternoon will be laid back with boats arriving from across New England. Charlestown Marina dock staff will be happy to grab a line as you arrive. Check in at the office and cruise the docks.

5p: Arrival Reception
Drinks on the dock with the signature Bertram Cocktail, the “Deep Vee”. See some of your old friends, meet some new ones and enjoy a cold drink.

Saturday, July 20:

8am: Free Tour of the USS Constitution for the Bertram group

4p: Group Photo & Drone Shot

5:30p: Raffle! Gather and hope your number is called.

6p-??: Potluck Dinner, Dockside

Sunday, July 21

Departure at your leisure, as long as your leisure is before 11a, since that's when the marina asks that transient dockers vacate their slip.
Max
ccroke13

Post by ccroke13 »

We will be there.
Chris C.
Boston, MA
1970 31 Bahia Mar
1977 28 FBC
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

not sure if I'll make it or not … 1 new knee june 4th … the second one is july 9th … if I do make it... it won't be by boat ….. (which.. apparently.. I'm get a new to me one .. failing some oil issue)
thuddddddd

Post by thuddddddd »

how is this thing looking ? trying to make arrangements to get a ride to the marina
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

Looking good; continuing to grow. As of a few weeks ago we had 2x 42' sportfish, 1x 42' MY, 2x 33' sportfish, 1x 31 BM, and 1x 31 FBC. I expect (and hope) more to confirm now that it's starting to look and feel like summer but, as of May 30 this is where things stand.
Max
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

I know there will be at least 4, and maybe 5 33's (3 fbc's, 2 sf's).
Regards,

Doug L.
moguls2go

Post by moguls2go »

We have 13 boats confirmed from 31' - 46' with a few others still considering the trip.

Friday, July 19
Arrivals throughout the afternoon

5p Arrival Reception sponsored by Bertram Yachts, featuring the signature Bertram cocktail, the "Deep Vee", recipe courtesy of Morgan Bertram

Saturday, July 20
8a Free tour of the USS Constitution ("Old Ironsides") for the Bertram group. Visitors 18+ must pass thru a security inspection and show a federal or state photo ID

3-6p Liferaft Services will be on hand to display safety gear and will be demonstrating a life raft CO2 inflation at 5p. They'll have a cooler of amber refreshments- grab one and talk safety!

4p Group photo & Drone shoot (FAA willing... we're pretty close to Logan airport!)

5:30 Raffle! Gather and hope your number is called. Swag sponsored by Bertram, Garmin, SeaKeeper, & Liferaft Services

6p-?? Potluck Dinner, Dockside

Sunday, July 21
Departure by 11a
Max