Annapolis, MD Rendezvous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Hers31

Annapolis, MD Rendezvous

Post by Hers31 »

Hello Folks,
I am new to the site, not much of an online guy, but wanted to give this a go. I am a long time 31 owner and big time Bertram fan. I have been talking with the folks at Bertram and wanted to try and organize an Annapolis, MD rendezvous. It is still in the preliminary stages, but would be a cool spot. We've got about 10 local boats that I know of. We were thinking about doing it just before the boatshow so that Bertram could involve the new 35 and the 60. Is there anybody out there that would be interested? We do not have a location yet as were still trying to gauge interest so bear with me for major details as they continue to unroll. Thanks in advance to everyone.
-Roddy
Tommy

Re: Annapolis, MD Rendezvous

Post by Tommy »

Roddy,
Good to see your post; the Bertram events I've attended have been a blast, whether the NC events or the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show events. Check out the posts and pictures on the California Rendezvous that was held recently; those guys knocked it out of the park on their inaugural event! We've got a lot of Chesapeake Bay guys on the Board, so they should chime in. Being that it's getting toward the end of the season, the traffic on the Board is a little lighter than usual. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. Tommy
jrhaszard

Post by jrhaszard »

B-31 Owner on Little Wicomico River near Smith Point. jrhaszard@aol.com. I would happily attend the event.
John
BERG1847M80F
John F.

Post by John F. »

We're across the Bay on Kent Island. I'm in.

John F.
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I would be interested.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Thanks everybody for your responses. Looking forward to getting this thing going. Ill be in contact with the folks at Bertram after the FLIB show.

Tommy, Saw everything on the California one, looked awesome. Close with the Guys at Worton Creek and know they have atleast 10 they care for in the area so numbers look potentially very good for the 31s. Soon as i get a firm date from those guys we can really get some details narrowed down. Ill be in contact. Thanks again to you and all the other members who showed interest
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

will be wintering at Worton Creek. Love to attend before taking her back to Indian River in the spring
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Hers31,
If it Annapolis get together is going to be held in November of this year I am going to be in Germantown Md for 21 days getting my right knee replaced for the 4th time. I'll be in Holy Cross Hospital in Germantown for 3 to 5 days then in rehab somewhere in the area for a week or two. Hope to get back to Boston by Thanksgiving. Dr. Pat how did you do fishing this past summer?
I haven't been able top do much for the past 2 years because of the knee, finally getting it done on November 5.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Count me in. Might actually be able to bring a Bertram to the event!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Pete will be my guest captain next spring with his Bertram quality total knee so I can finally have a drink on my B-31.
Carl

Post by Carl »

CamB25 wrote:Count me in. Might actually be able to bring a Bertram to the event!
Would you be towing it on a trailer?

Sorry...I didn't want to say that...but kinda to. It would be great if she was able to make it on her own hull!
CamB25

Post by CamB25 »

Ouch!
1963 Bertram 25
1973 Boston Whaler 13 - sold!
1998 Scout 172 SF - beach taxi
captbone

Post by captbone »

I have been waiting years to see her float and hear performance reports Cam!!!!

Great news.
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Our boat is up in NY but we have friends in the area and may look to make the drive down to see everyone.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Carl

Post by Carl »

A trip for crabs, Bertram's and seeing sandbox members doesn't sound like a bad idea.

If it's an open weekend for us I'd be interested.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Phoenix will be there depending on actual date.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Any update on an Annapolis meeting. Don't want to leave Worton Creek too early if its gonna happen
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hey Folks,
So we're still planning to make this happen, looks like we will have little more flexibility on dates. Bertram may not have a boat to bring which opens up the summer dates instead of boat show time. Hoping to nail down an official date in the next week, will keep everyone posted. We've got a few sponsors and a lot of interest from fellow bertram owners so far. A few sponsors to mention,

1. Sea Keeper
2. Garmin
3. Bertram
4. Siren Marine

I will get back with you guys next week when we lock down an exact date, I want to give as much notice to folks as possible. Thanks again for your patience and interest in the event.
Mack

Post by Mack »

Sounds good. Glad to pitch in and help the effort. We could possibly host in Bay Ridge, though your marina might be better for creature comforts for those traveling from afar.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Sounding good!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Jhaszard

Post by Jhaszard »

Very much look forward to attending. Hopefully it isn't between 18 and 29 July. Brodhead and Oshkosh fly ins.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

greenport ny rendenzous this year sponsors (you know they serve the best food and fine wines ) BERTRAM annouced the date today the place will be Mitchell Park, Greenport NY. on Sept. 6,7,8 . Phoenix.will be there for sure.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hello Everybody,
So we've made a few changes and are moving the event to the Hyatt Hotel in Cambridge. This way folks from out of town will have a place to stay and all the resort amenities. We can also host any number of boats and within an hour of annapolis. The link to the Bertram Website below shows the event information. For those who are interested in making reservations please see the details below. If you plan on attending, please email me at Rsjabin@gmail.com so that I can start getting a numbers together for the event.

Bertram Event Flyer
https://www.bertram.com/news/announcing ... ous-series

Hotel Website for your interest

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/maryl ... _nam_chesa

$2 per ft, per night.
$31.80 resort fee, per night, per boat
$7 or $14 per night for electric

Depending on our attendance, these numbers could drop.

Your guests may call 410-901-6380 to make a reservation. Or email the following information to all of us on this chain. And mention the group Chesapeake Bertram Rendezvous

Name-
Phone #-
Boat Name-
Date or arrival/departure-
Overall length -
Power needs-
John F.

Post by John F. »

Great venue. I’m local, but that’s one of the few weekends that I have a commitment. Same weekend as the LI Rendezvous. And I was really looking forward to hopefully meeting some Chesapeake Bay guys
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john i have the same problem Annapolis rendezvous is the identical dates of Greenport ,NY Bentram factory sponsored rendezvous.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Jhaszard

Post by Jhaszard »

I am free that weekend but was hoping to see John and Bob. Any chance of sliding to the next weekend so those guys can attend? It would be a shame to miss them.
John
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hey guys,
We understand there is a conflict of dates, and unfortunately we figured that guys from that far north wouldn't travel this far south. So i apologize in advance for this and what may have been a wrong assumption. Annapolis is a little funny at that time of year, lots of sailing and other activities that occupy a lot of folks schedules and this is the date that initially worked. Obviously we will miss everybody that can't make it, but with Bertram's support and anybody that can attend we can make this a yearly event! I know we have quite a few Bertram folks in the Chesapeake Bay area and would be amazing to get everyone out.

And For everybody trying to attend, here is the official sign in form from Bertram so we can track numbers. Really cool spot hoping people can make it! Remember Bertram is giving away a (2) person fishing trip for all those folks that attend a Bertram Sponsored Rendezvous.

https://t.sidekickopen80.com/s1t/c/5/f1 ... 56e36358db
Jhaszard

Post by Jhaszard »

Is there a tally yet of committed/maybe sign ups for Cambridge?
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hey Folks I have had 30 people RSVP on the interest form, so far I have 8 confirmed boats (since sending out the email yesterday). So far shaping up nicely. Here is a copy of the email blast I put out yesterday. If anybody wants the original email with links and such please shoot me an email at chesapeakebertramrendezvous@gmail.com

Hello All Chesapeake Bertram owners,

Sending out an update for the Chesapeake Bertram Rendezvous this upcoming September 6-8. We have so many boats in the area and it’s going to be a great experience to get them all together. NOTE: By attending, you are automatically entered into a raffle for a fishing trip to the Tropic Star Lodge.

We've selected the Cambridge Hyatt Regency Hotel as our location; an amazing marina with ample space, fantastic facilities, and a great hotel. Below, you’ll find additional hotel and marina information. Currently, we have about 30 boats RSVP’d; hoping to see that number jump up as we get closer to the date of the rendezvous. If you plan to attend, please complete the following three steps:

1) A large majority of you have already filled out the interest form in response to Bertram’s initial outreach; to start to more clearly understand the total number of boats we should anticipate, please respond to this email (chesapeakebertramrendezvous@gmail.com) and provide the following information as soon as possible:

Yes/No on Attending

Name

Bertram Model

Boat Name

2) Once you have confirmed with us, please also reach out to the marina (details below) to confirm your dockage reservation.

Marina info**

$2 per ft, per night.

$31.80 resort fee, per night, per boat (for the pool and other resort amenities)
$7(30amp) or $14(50amp) per night for electric

Guests may call 410-901-6380 to make a reservation. Or email the following information to(alexis.pullara@hyatt.comdrew.carpenter@hyatt.com jason.shorter@hyatt.com ); mention the group Chesapeake Bertram Rendezvous.

Name-

Phone #-

Boat Name-

Date or arrival/departure-

Overall length -

Power needs-

**Depending on our attendance numbers, the total cost to attend could drop.

3) If you will need a room at the Hyatt Hotel (which is in the marina complex) you will need to make reservations with them as well. Here is the Link to the hotel website.

We look forward to getting this first Chesapeake Rendezvous underway, more details to follow!

All the best,

Roddy Jabin

Bertram 31 "Hers"
Jhaszard

Post by Jhaszard »

I made my reservation a while back and just reached out to the Cambridge Hyatt to confirm the group arrival. I was told they have no group by that name listed for 6-7-8 September. Probably someone should check in with them to ensure there is no problem.
John
Mack

Post by Mack »

Just spoke to the folks at the marina at the Chesapeake Hyatt and booked my slip. They know we are coming. Two nights, 30 amp, and resort fees come to $174 for a 31. She mentioned that her manager is “considering” reducing the fees for us so it may end up being less. Interesting because in the early years of the Ches Hyatt they were literally begging us to come back after our first stay! Nice resort. Should be a great weekend. Looking forward to meeting some new folks with a mutual Bertram problem (or as my family says “obsession”). Sixteen years and I am still not cured.
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Looks like I'm going to be able to attend the Chesapeake rendezvous at the Hyatt. I'm planning on getting there Saturday and leaving Sunday. Is there a roll call of the faithful?
Jhaszard

Post by Jhaszard »

John
Happy to hear you will be attending. I came up from Smith Point area yesterday, shook a lot of screws loose and lost a cover on the windlass. Will Martin was here to meet me. He is completing restoration of his 31. Your friend and nice guy John Dunker came in from Baltimore after me in his 35. We stayed in our boats. Hopefully the effects of Dorian will be over for tomorrow's activities.
Looking forward to seeing you and others.
John, Prince William. 31FBC
John F.

Post by John F. »

Big shout out to Roddy of "Hers" and Rob of "Lulu" for the B31 Rendezvous at the Hyatt in Cambridge. It was a really well organized event at a great facility for a rendezvous. I think there were close to 30 Bertrams, including a couple of 20s, a 28, close to 10 31s, a 5 or so 35s, a 39, and another (53?) that seemed just huge to me. Rendezvous are always the best boat shows. It was great meeting up with some old friends, meeting new ones, and seeing some of the faithful in person that I've only talked with on the phone before. John Hazzard braved Dorian's TS visit to the Bay to get there on Friday (I waited until Saturday). Great swag too. Hopefully its an annual event, and the Hyatt is just great. If Roddy and Rob do it again next year, don't miss it. Again, thanks.

John F.
Crows Nest

And please do it again next year. My better half came down by car to visit, and said that next year she'd be in for the weekend. She's already planning on a Hyatt weekend this winter as an easy getaway, and she wants to get there on the B31 Crows Nest again this fall.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Originally planned to take a ride out to Greenport but after that was a blown out, took up John F’s invitation and drove down to the the Chesapeake gathering. Thank you to John F and JHaszard for allowing me to spend a little time with you and giving me the tour of their boats. Met Roddy and a few other folks as well and many beautiful Bertrams of all sizes. You can really see the personal flair incorporated into their boats. Didn’t expect to see that many boats their but what a surprise! Took some pics that I’ll post later including the mass exit at the end.

We stayed offsite in St Michael’s but the whole area is gorgeous with rich history. My wife and I glad we made the last minute decision to drive down on Saturday.

Mark
1974 FBC - BERG1451M75A-315 “Old School” 1999 Cummins 6BTA 270hp
Mack

Post by Mack »

Echoing John F’s and Mark’s comments. Good venue, good people, and of course the best boats ever built!
Thanks again Roddy and Rob for their quarterbacking efforts - like hoarding cats at times. I am still amazed that we were able to get into somewhat of a formation in the river for the helicopter shot!

Cheers
Crae
Mack
1973 B31 "MAKO"
Mark

Post by Mark »

Here are a few pics. I wasn't in the helicopter and just used my phone camera. Sized them down for the post. Have some from the dock too but they are on my wife's phone. If anyone wants to see them, I can post them too. If anyone wants a copy of a phot, just PM or email me with your email. Hard to get the all the boats into one shot there were so many!

1974 FBC - BERG1451M75A-315 “Old School” 1999 Cummins 6BTA 270hp
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

great pictures and that poor 28 just not an attractive looking boat
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
John F.

Post by John F. »

Mark

It was nice meeting you and thanks for posting the pics.

John
Carl

Post by Carl »

Some great shots, thanks for sharing!
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hey All!
Sorry for not posting sooner. For all those folks interested in next year, we are already thinking about options and dates to see what can work. I think we could have alot of boats for next year, Dorian ruined the weekend for some folks attempting to get here. Prior to Dorian we were expecting 36 boats. But we hear the echos and will definitely not pick the same date as the Greenport Rendezvous. I Will also be posting all the pictures I've gotten from everyone on here, so keep an eye out for that.
Talk soon,

Roddy
1963 31' "Hers"
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Hey Everybody, here is my email blast about this years event. 24 boats already made reservations.

Good Afternoon,

First, I’d like to thank everyone for your interest in participating in a Bertram Rendezvous this year. It has been a very interesting 2020/2021 to say the least, and I for one am very much looking forward to checking out some boats and seeing old friends. We have had an overwhelming amount of requests to host this year’s event in St Michaels MD – and have decided it was best to listen to you guys. We have been working closely with Higgins Yacht Yard to try and squeeze as many people in as possible.

We do have a few important logistical items to discuss before we get onto the good stuff. September is still high season in St Michaels, and as a result, we had to bend over backwards to persuade Higgins to host us. Higgins has requested that we commit to a two night minimum in order to not lose out on potential business due to the high season.Their entire season is based on transient dockage, that is the reason behind the two night minimum. We understand not everyone will want to do a 2 night stay, but please don’t lose interest yet! We are hoping that they may let a few one night stays slip in if the majority of our group will be staying for the full 2 nights. To clarify; that is Higgin’s decision not ours. Depending on numbers, we may also be able to arrange some overflow dockage at a nearby location to help ensure everyone can be involved. Please contact them sooner than later to make your arrangements(Their office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:00pm)).

Now to some more details, Higgins Yacht Yard will take reservations anytime. Please just mention that you are involved in the Rendezvous and they can get you squared away. It looks like we will be able to have around 30-35 boats depending on the size ranges. They have an onsite restroom with showers. This will be first come first serve so please don't wait to reserve your spot, they can only guarantee that many slips at this time. I will be planning to arrive Friday after work and depart Sunday mid-morning. If you have any questions please reach out to me so we can work them out.

Here is a link to St Michaels if you want to do some research. For those of you who haven’t been, this place is fantastic! There is so much to do, amazing restaurant selection, ample lodging, and of course, the town is home to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.

For those of you not staying aboard, Higgins also Runs the Log Canoe Inn which is adjacent to the marina. Another Place to stay is The Old Brick Inn which is in close proximity to the marina (quick sidenote: they have probably the best breakfast in town). The beauty about St Mikes is that everything is within walking distance, downtown is literally a 5 minute walk from the marina. Check the Link for St Michaels for other Inn/Hotel Options, there are quite a few.

I will be sending out another email with some more details about the weekend as we get closer, I just wanted to give people the chance to make their reservation and block out some time on the calendar. We’ve got a couple cool ideas for this year and as always, thanks for your involvement! I cannot wait to see everybody come September. Again if you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Kindest regards,

Roddy Jabin

B31 "Hers"
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Roddy: Thanks for all the hard work. maybe I missed it, but what are the dates in September?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
John F.

Post by John F. »

Dates are 9/17-9/19.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i am in ,phoenix will be there unless there is a hurricane .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Hers31

Post by Hers31 »

Bob and Rawleigh,
Can you email me directly? Chesapeakebertramrendezvous@gmail.com. want to get you linked in. Sitting at 26 boats and 13 B31s.