bertram 26 I/O or Bertram 25 inboard-bottom fishing

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bertram 25

bertram 26 I/O or Bertram 25 inboard-bottom fishing

Post by bertram 25 »

Hi, I am about to purchase either a Bertram 26 I/O or Bertram 25 inboard for a fishing vessel, mainly fall offshore bottom fishing. The 26 is a flybridge with no lower steering station, the 25 is a hardtop version. Neither boat is currently running so just looking at the hulls , the 26 seems like it would be more tender due to the deeper v and higher center of gravity with flybridge? The 26 has no engines so could go either outboard or I/O. the flybridge would put me out in the weather unless I install curtains, the 25 will provide shelter with its windshield. Anyone run either of these two vessels and which would provide the better stability when anchored or drifting in the seas?
Tony Meola

Re: bertram 26 I/O or Bertram 25 inboard-bottom fishing

Post by Tony Meola »

Welcome

Hopefully some of t he 25 guys will jump in. Not sure w ho has a 26 with a bridge on the board.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Love my 25 inboard v-drive with a flybridge. I removed the lower station as i never used it.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

look on Yachtworld ... there is what appears to be an original 26 outboard that has been sitting for years, probably needing fresh power and definitely needing some clean-up, but they are rare and the only one I was ever on was pretty nice ride.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Lars

Post by Lars »

They are both pretty tender boats, rolling quite a bit in a beam sea, but the motion is gentle - no snap. Much better with a drift anchor.
Both hulls are brilliant under way - I would let the layout rather than hull guide your preference.