carbon monoxide poisoning

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

carbon monoxide poisoning

Post by bob lico »

fire dept rescue squad, as well as SCPD, responded to the carbon poisoning deaths caused by the generator placement under the salon developed a small hole in exhaust/water hose. we did everything possible they would not respond.

CHERRY GROVE, FIRE ISLAND – Two people were found dead on a boat on Fire Island Sunday afternoon and police believe carbon monoxide poisoning killed them.

Peter D'Ancona, 54, and Tina Sgambati, 51, were found on a 35-foot Mainship boat docked near Bayview Walk in Cherry Grove at about 2:25 p.m.

D'Ancona and Sgambati, both of Moriches, were pronounced dead at the scene.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
aussierob

Re: carbon monoxide poisoning

Post by aussierob »

That's very sad.

We are in Winter here in Aus, and have had a number if incidents in homes relating to faulty heaters etc also.

CO monitor is perhaps the wisest investment, even with no generator, it can become toxic in the cabin when the wind is blowing the wrong way at low speeds.

Rob
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i discuss this in depth with Captain Patrick 12 years ago. unfortunately, i come across these terrible deaths as a volunteer fireman/ EMT. quite often it happens in poor people homes near the farms as they use a BBQ to heat and cook in winter. realizing carbon monoxide is odorless AND heavier than air i totally sealed my cabin area forward of the main bulkhead. my generator has already spun a raw water pump impeller and the hot exhaust cause a pinhole in CC approved wet exhaust piping thank GOD genny is in port engine box wide open to the air aft of engine covers also serves as the fresh air intake to engines. but on the hook or drifting in the ocean air would be expelled into cockpit i also have a CO-2 alarm in the cabin. terrible sight lingers in your brain after seeing the victims for many years.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
aussierob

Post by aussierob »

bob lico wrote:i discuss this in depth with Captain Patrick 12 years ago. unfortunately, i come across these terrible deaths as a volunteer fireman/ EMT. quite often it happens in poor people homes near the farms as they use a BBQ to heat and cook in winter. realizing carbon monoxide is odorless AND heavier than air i totally sealed my cabin area forward of the main bulkhead. my generator has already spun a raw water pump impeller and the hot exhaust cause a pinhole in CC approved wet exhaust piping thank GOD genny is in port engine box wide open to the air aft of engine covers also serves as the fresh air intake to engines. but on the hook or drifting in the ocean air would be expelled into cockpit i also have a CO-2 alarm in the cabin. terrible sight lingers in your brain after seeing the victims for many years.
Yes - we've had people die recently using generators in sheds - only a small portion of the year gets this cold, but people close up the shed not thinking about the danger.

Being aware of the danger isn't enough - need to take action to avoid potential catastrophe!

Rob
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

That's to sad Bob. The same thing happened in a small harbor here in Alabama several years ago.....to sad! !

hb
hb