Seeking PR, DR and T&C expertise...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Navatech

Seeking PR, DR and T&C expertise...

Post by Navatech »

OK, now that I have finalized my Virgin Islands (SVI's, USVI's & BVI's) shake down cruise planning it's time to start thinking about the 2nd part of this adventure (moving the boat from PR to MIA)... The last leg of the "shake down cruise" through the Spanish, US & British Virgin Islands ends in San Juan, Puerto Rico...

The general plan for this part is to go along the north side of Puerto Rico, across the Mona Passage to the Dominican Republic, to the Turks & Caicos ending in Long Island, Bahamas...

Stops on the way?!... Places to see?!... Things to do?!... Things to be aware off?!...
Tony Meola

Re: Seeking PR, DR and T&C expertise...

Post by Tony Meola »

Nav

Before you leave PR you should hook up with Huesso. Not sure were on the island he is but send him a PM.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Tony Meola wrote:Nav

Before you leave PR you should hook up with Huesso. Not sure were on the island he is but send him a PM.
He's in San Juan and we've already met... Thanks!...
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Seriously?!... NOBODY has any wisdom to share about PR, DR and T&C?!...
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Nav:

I've never done the trip up or down to or from the US. Know a captain/boat broker that does that as part of his trade. Maybe I can provide you his number and ask him for advise (if he is willing to, as he gets paid to do that).
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Hueso wrote:Nav:

I've never done the trip up or down to or from the US. Know a captain/boat broker that does that as part of his trade. Maybe I can provide you his number and ask him for advise (if he is willing to, as he gets paid to do that).
I'm not looking for a "delivery route"... I want to use the opportunity to do some serious cruising... If all I wanted to do was bring her home ASAP I'd go from San Juan, PR to Puerto Plata (Ocean World), to Long Island Bahamas, to Nassau, Bahamas to Miami, FL...
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Nav
I've got a buddy moving to the US VI's, running his 29' Strike down there to move his charter fishing biz to a more southern location.
He's running the boat down in May I believe. If you want I can get both of you in touch with each other.
Major trip.

Steve
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

SteveM wrote:Nav
I've got a buddy moving to the US VI's, running his 29' Strike down there to move his charter fishing biz to a more southern location.
He's running the boat down in May I believe. If you want I can get both of you in touch with each other.
Major trip.

Steve
Sure... Why not... Seems though that I might know him... Is he THT member?!...
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Nav
This is the guy. Todd Harris. I went to college with him.
http://toddscharters.com/
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

SteveM wrote:Nav
This is the guy. Todd Harris. I went to college with him.
http://toddscharters.com/
Yeah... That's the guy I know from THT...
fonsim

Post by fonsim »

Go to Culebra and Vieques this are 2 municipality islands of Puerto Rico that have beutiful beaches.
B28 1982 with 2003 Mercruiser 350 mpi
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

fonsim wrote:Go to Culebra and Vieques this are 2 municipality islands of Puerto Rico that have beutiful beaches.
That's part one of the adventure... http://bertram31.com/newbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12846

THIS is part two!...