Leadership consultant BS.. most of us here knew this

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

Leadership consultant BS.. most of us here knew this

Post by IRGuy »

Leadership consultant says millennials can't cope with the real world, says everybody is told they are "special", everybody gets a prize.. so they can't deal with failure, can't cope with reality.

Most of us here have been aware of this crap for years! Did you need a "leadership consultant" to tell you this? I don't think so.

Just look at the poor millennials who are in deep depression today because the Hildebest didn't get elected.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... world.html
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Carl

Re: Leadership consultant BS.. most of us here knew this

Post by Carl »

Consultant- Someone you pay to tell you what you just told them in a longer drawn out manner to shine a light upon themselves.

So yes, this leadership Consultant, ??? someone you follow to learn how to lead, really??? but I digress, this consultant figured out that babying people longer postpones the normal Reality Check we received at a younger age. Genius.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Carl

You missed the point. The longer the consultant can continue to convince everyone he is needed the more money they make. So they tell everyone this problem will last until there are no more millenials.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Tony to further that; someone who you need until the checking balance reads zero or until you discover their amazing business plan doesn't deliver.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

Government axiom......once you see the light at the end of the tunnel........add more tunnel...

Ray
1971 Sportfish 314 49 1103
1994 B28 BERF2720L394
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Mark

I worked the consulting side for a while. Health Care. My boss always had an issue with me because I just did not have the heart to bleed the client. So when I left, and was hired by a major client to run their benefits he about died. That is why you need to remember that those you step on, on the way up are the same people you meet on the way down.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Chanse

Post by Chanse »

At 17 I had a Leadership Consultant, He was an E-7 with bad breath!
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Chance,

Forgive my ignorance but what is an E 7 with bad breath?

Tony,

I thought you had to do with gas stations, I didnt know you were in consulting, the health industry etc!
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Yannis wrote:Chance,

Forgive my ignorance but what is an E 7 with bad breath?
The guy with the hat shouting at everybody is the "E 7 with bad breath"... This clip is from a movie but there's a ton of real scenes on Youtube...

TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

MarkS wrote:Tony to further that; someone who you need until the checking balance reads zero or until you discover their amazing business plan doesn't deliver.
Mark: Back when I was playing CPA, my firm was hired to be the accountants for the creditors committee of a substantial bankruptcy - in this case it was going to be a liquidation and not a restructuring. Best gig I ever had. At the end of each month, we would petition the bankruptcy court for the fees we expected to incur the following month and, in detail, how we would incur them. The judge would generally ask some questions, request we don't do parts E, J and P, and then approve the request and order a disbursement -- we would then be paid, up front, for our work for the next 30 days. As we got close to the end of our 18 month assignment, the Judge called us in, and the lawyers and accountants how much more we had to go, looked to see how much cash was left and said "get what you can done, after this month, we are shutting it down."

We got 100% of our standard rates for 18 months to bayonet a wounded combatant each month. The difference between what we did and one of these consultants.....we at least got the credits 60 cents on the dollar as we cut up the pieces and sold off the assets.

Tom
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I call the millennials "snowflakes" because each is unique and they melt at the first sign of heat!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31