Helm Chairs

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

makomike1

Helm Chairs

Post by makomike1 »

Hey guys my winter project is to replace my bench seat on my 28 Bert. and put helm chairs. I am going to go with a similar set as Bob Lico did on his 31. Nice and clean look. My question to all is where is the best and cheapest place to get the chairs. I want TODD Glouchester chairs. any suggestion ?? Thanks Mike
Joseph Fikentscher

Re: Helm Chairs

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Here's what I did on the 25. You will have more room. The hard part was leveling the bases. I didn't have the ability to cut the 9" wide pieces to the contour of the cabin top so I had to use filler blocks and lots of thickened epoxy. Came out ok, strong and level, but could look better. Needed to use the boat so I stopped here for the summer, but over this winter I will fillet and clean it up before painting the cabin top.

Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
bertram 20

Post by bertram 20 »

hey mike i also just changed my bench seat on my 28 i hated it it was way to low and just not comfortable for driving the boat.I hate drilling holes and did not want to drill any holes to mount two pedastal seats so i used the existing bench seat mounts and was going to use a 1inch piece of starboard but ended up going with Mahogany instead and bolted that with stainless carrige bolts to the existing bench seat mounts across the top and then mounted my pedastel seats to that, it actually came out really good and it is so much better driving the boat.When i got my boat someone had removed 1 section of the bench seat where the ladder comes up to the bridge so i can only seat two people up on the bridge anyway.I mounted two Todd Helmsman model cape cod chairs and the pedestal mount tubes are only about 4 or 5 inches tall that is a (Geusstamet)if you message me your cell i could text you a few pics i can never seem to get pics posted here
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Bertram20,

If its not too much of a problem, I would also wish to see those pics.
This bench seat redo is something I always wanted to do, but has not achieved priority status yet...
Thanks.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
makomike1

Post by makomike1 »

Yannis ,when I finish with them I will try and post. Working on them now. Mike
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thank you Mike.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"