OMG... don't tell Al Gore

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

OMG... don't tell Al Gore

Post by IRGuy »

When climatologists can tell me with absolute accuracy what the weather will be a week from today I will start believing that they can predict how much the earth's temperature will rise in 50 years!

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/11/r ... ht-months/
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
White Bear

Re: OMG... don't tell Al Gore

Post by White Bear »

Much easier to make a long range prediction because no one fifty years hence will remember or care what you said.
Carl

Post by Carl »

IRGuy wrote:When climatologists can tell me with absolute accuracy what the weather will be a week from today I will start believing that they can predict how much the earth's temperature will rise in 50 years!

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/11/r ... ht-months/

How about if they can ballpark tomorrows weather I'll consider drifting over trolling more.

Let me tell ya, sweet gig being a well paid mouthpiece for bad science.

Personally I think we should cut pollution and steer towards alternate energies just cause it is the right thing to do.
I like clean air and water...huge improvements in my area over the 70'2 and 80's. Huge, Big League improvements in the Raritan Bay, Lower Hudson...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Carl

You are right you need to keep things clean but they are about to pollute in a different way.

Acres of wind farms right off our coast. Will hurt birds during migration and will lock up the ocean so we can't fish.

Solar panels covering ground, so nothing can grow or live under them, and they also are clear cutting acres to do this.

They fail to remember every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I once told someone that hydrogen run cars were bad. They said why they push out water vapor as exhaust. Once I explained how they could given time turn the deserts green and change life in the desert, they started to get it.

I guess you just need to pick what you might think at the time is the lesser of two evils.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Tony,
My default setting is always, Government is evil.
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote:Carl

You are right you need to keep things clean but they are about to pollute in a different way.

Acres of wind farms right off our coast. Will hurt birds during migration and will lock up the ocean so we can't fish.

Solar panels covering ground, so nothing can grow or live under them, and they also are clear cutting acres to do this.

They fail to remember every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I once told someone that hydrogen run cars were bad. They said why they push out water vapor as exhaust. Once I explained how they could given time turn the deserts green and change life in the desert, they started to get it.

I guess you just need to pick what you might think at the time is the lesser of two evils.

I say Too Much of Anything is Too Much.