Bertram 28 rudder question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bertram 20

Bertram 28 rudder question

Post by bertram 20 »

the other day i found a pair of rudders for my 28FBC on Craigslist the picture of the rudders showed stamped on them Bertram 35 then it also said Bertram 31-2 i had the gentleman send me the dimensions of the rudders and they were my exact size and length just a bigger rudder surface.Then the next day another bertram 28 near me was pulling out for the winter and i noticed he had the bigger rudders so i went over and checked them out they were the same ones i was looking at with same exact markings so i bought them and had them shipped up to mass they are brand new and i just pulled my rudder out and these will go right in with no modification.My question is does any one know what bertram these are for? are they for a Bertram 35 ? thanks mike
Tony Meola

Re: Bertram 28 rudder question

Post by Tony Meola »

Mike

Not sure what size Bertram used on the 35, but the 28 and 32 shared various rudder configurations. For some strange reason Bertram kept changing the rudder size. The 74 next to me had different rudders than my ,75. So it was a year to year thing.

Check out the parts section in the tips section. Just do a search. Capt. Pat showed the different styles for the 31 and 28.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315