Board update and Pats moulds, future memorial service

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

Board update and Pats moulds, future memorial service

Post by Bruce »

Just a note to let everyone know the board issues and updates are being looked at including upgrading for better hack proofing.
(ONE OF WHICH IS THE STICKY FUNCTION)

I will be traveling back to Llano in mid Oct to help with an estate auction to clear Pats property of stuff so it can be listed to sell.
Some cleanup has happened and if they are still there when I get back, all of Pats moulds for his parts were available and are available if someone wants them.

I will be taking back to west palm beach any or all of the moulds that someone wants to pickup from west palm. They are too bulky to ship and I don't have the time to do it unless you make arrangements at a local freight shipper who will handle everthing.

So if you want them all or one lmk.

Pats family and I are in talks about a memorial at one of the gatherings to scatter some ashes and meet the Bertram people. Which one depends on the families ability to gather members together. As the time frame becomes clear, I will let people know.
They were concerned about invading on a private gathering, but I let them know it would be a non isue. They like Pat are salt of the Earth people.

Thanks for all your patients during this time.
Charlie J

Re: Board update and Pats moulds, future memorial service

Post by Charlie J »

thanks for the update bruce
1968 hull # 316 - 757
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Bruce
I really wanted to have Patrick make me one of his live well "aquariums". If the moulds for that are around, I would be interested.
Steve
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Steve,
Pats live well didn't include the aquarium view style. It would be a solid side all around. I guess you could cut a hole in it and do a piece of lexan.
Lmk if your still interested.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Bruce
I may have use the wrong description calling it an aquarium. I read up on Pat's creation of his live well quite a bit, it's very well done and engineered properly. He did not approve of the see-through panel on some of the other live wells out there, and I don't want one with lexan either. The baits are better preserved in a dark oval shaped live well.
Pat's product looked to be REALLY well engineered and thought out and functional all the way around.

Let me know what it takes to get the mould, thank you.

Steve
Steve Marinak
spencer

Post by spencer »

Do you know if he created a battery box mold / and a curved door mold
Or are they one offs ?

Thanks Craig Spencer
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Steve,
I will bring back the live well mould for you. Since your local to me,no problem.

Pat did make battery boxes but I believe they were all on off depending on battery location and battery brand. I'll look for that and the curve door when I go back.
my other east

Post by my other east »

Bruce,
i'll take the air box molds, just to keep them in the brotherhood.
Let me know...
Eric Vincent
1974 31 FBC hull # 315-1442
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Thank you Bruce, please let me know if I can assist you with gas money or labor. Drive safely.
Steve Marinak
coolair

Post by coolair »

I have been away from the board for a while, to say I am socked and saddened by what I am reading is an understatement. I feel lucking to have spoken to him and have learned from him.

Bruce,
Though I am not all that close, If you need help when here let me know. We can keep some of the molds or whatever at my office in Houston, or we have a small office in San Antonio.
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
John Nardi

Post by John Nardi »

Hi Bruce...Sorry again for your loss of such a dear friend and how you continue in Capt pat's honor helping the family...I would also be interested in the "Old Style" Air Induction Box molds and templates if available...There are so many things on my wish list, just let me know and I can certainly help store things if space is an issue...I am just a few minutes from West Palm...Thanks again... Best regards, John Nardi
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Thanks for the offers but everything is covered transportation wise.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bruce,

I had indicated to Mike that either I would be or via me Skip (Brewer Street Boatworks, they guys who did the work on Alchemy) would be interested in the molds for all the parts so that we can keep them in the family so to speak. Did Mike convey that to you?

I know you will be getting them to FL, and Skip and or I would need to determine a way to get them up to RI.

This way we would have them available to make parts as desired, much like Patrick did.

I'm available anytime to talk details, many thanks!!!!

Dug
Dug

Post by Dug »

Bruce,

Please shoot me a pm or direct email (dstowe@lutco.com) with your phone #, and I can give you a ring at your convenience.

Probably easier to talk via phone for molds, as well as see if I can help in any way with the service.

Many thanks,

Dug