Turbo Cleaner

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

Turbo Cleaner

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
Prior to his death UV posted how to keep turbo chargers clean of black carbon build up. I can't remember what the ratio of Dawn to water was. I know the engine has to be hot and it's a two man job. The guys at Mack Boring told him to get a special solution that they sell for around $20.00 for 16 ounce bottle. Could you or anyone on the board give me the run down on what the correct procedure is to clean the turbo is. A friend has a 240 Yanmar that builds up a lot of carbon. he does a lot of slow trolling up here in New England. I told him that he also might need more air flow into his engine box, he only has 2 small louvered vents in the engine box on a 26' Fortier Bass boat.
Also he is looking for a pair of used Lee Jr., Rupp or E-tech top gun out riggers with 15' or 18' telescoping poles, anyone know of a set either for sale or a good donation to the board.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
buzzk

Re: Turbo Cleaner

Post by buzzk »

Tony Athens on boat diesel.com told how to do the dawn thing. Goggle is company I think it's Seaboard Marine out in California. He wrote an article on the dawn thing for cleaning the turbo.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Capt Pat & Bruce,
Thanks for the quick reply to my turbo cleaning question.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61