Max Wax

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Max Wax

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I got my first shipment of CX products in today, and was able to talk them out of 2 cases of Max Wax. For those of you that don't know the product, it is in an areosol can and sprays a waxy coating that is self healing (scratch it and it runs back to heal the cut) that will last a very long time. I use it to coat cast iron stuff, like rudder flange bearings, shaft couplings, and engine parts. CX does not make it, but subs it out to another manufacturer, and only gets a limited amount now and then. I have it, so if any of the Faithful need some, I'll wholesale it to you.

CX also has an interesting new product called "SpeedX" that is a grease in a one oz. plastic squeeze botle that sort of looks like Tef Gel. They say it is super dooper high temp, high pressure grease. Looks like it would work great on reel gears, roller guides, shift cables, or any other application where a grease needs to stay put. They tout it for bearings on skate boards and in-line skates, so take it from there.

Anyway, enough of my commercial. Going to clean up AJ in the morning, and that will be a job for a long time.

UV
Tony Meola

ReelX

Post by Tony Meola »

Vic

I purchased reelx from them last year. I actually used it to oil the motor for the blower on my furnace. I could actually hear the blower motor speed up after I used it. Tony Meola
In Memory of Vicroy

Tony - the ReelX is really just the red CX in a small continer. Likewise the CX for guns is the same stuff in a little larger squeeze bottle. Very easy to pack around, and the fact is that the original CX is the Magic Bullet however you use it.

I've used the RejeX polymer sealer on my transom, and it's another super product, but you have to apply it by the book, let it cure out of the sun and weahter for 12 hours, then you can hose the diesel soot off your transom for a year at least.

CX is a very innovative company, privately owned, and they almost do us a favor letting these products out to the public, since it was all developed for the aviation market, mostly the USAF and the Navy.

UV
thereheis

sealer

Post by thereheis »

vicroy where can i get some of the rejex sealer?? i am in tx...
phil
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

UV; Is the Max Wax in a spray? What the heck let me try some and I will mail you a check.
Thanks Chris
In Memory of Vicroy

Phil - I have a bunch of it and can send you some. The 12 oz boittle retials for $14.95 and the 16 oz for $19.95. I can discount it to get it to you delivered for that price. Send me your address and how much you need.

Chris - yep, it's a spray aerosol. AJ has new rudder flange berings and shaft couplings and I shot all that with it yesterday. Email me your address and how many cans do you want. It's $14.95 for the 12 oz aerosol. I'll make you a deal.

Cleaned AJ up over the weekend and I'm still amazed how well she came out of this mess. Took the hatch down in the cabin overhead and shined a light around in the "attic" which is crammed with electronics black boxes, the backs of switches, etc and was amazed to see not one speck of corrosion on anything after at least a year. Did a re-coat of it all with red CX.

Went to use the washdown pump and nothing when I hit the switch - thought I'd have to eat my words about everything on AJ working due to the CX program. Investigated and no, the damn pump is GONE. The yard must have taken it out to get at the strut backing plate on that side and forgot to put it back......

Anyway, me & the Bride went for a short Howdy Boat ride yesterday and all is well on the bayou.

UV