38 bertram widebody wanted

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

38 bertram widebody wanted

Post by CHolgerson »

I am looking for a 38 bertram widebody. I know of all the listings on yachtworld.com and was hoping that someone might know of an additional boat for sale. Thank you for any and all help.

Chris Holgerson
Bob H.

Re: 38 bertram widebody wanted

Post by Bob H. »

Chris,
A few slips down from my Dads Westwater was a boat owned by Tom Ireland a 38 he owned for many years I know he repowered with Cummins and took very good care of it. He passed away last year and I know the boat went up for sale. I know he stored it over at Brownells in Mattapoisett, Mass. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

There are very few wide body 38s left. A great boat, obviously tremendous potential. I have a later 38, and am trying to protect her as best I can. A boat with great bones, great engines, c450s, just had the cockpit and gunnels done with Snow White awl craft, I love Snow White.redone interior with new cabinetry, a cherry,Butcher block counter top, lots of penetrating epoxy,,, teak and holly, engine room with white epoxy coatings, and led lights. For a couple, I can not think of a more efficient, durable, seaworthy boat for the money. It's very tough to find a 70s vintage boat not in Terrible condition. I was lucky and for a bit of money I now have a stud that is very nice. Good luck in your search, love it when I back in to a slip with a SeaRay tied up. My 31 was great but I really love this boat.
Bill
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

WMachovina:

Would love to see pics of your setup!
wmachovina

Post by wmachovina »

Thanks Hueso,, give me a few days.......
Bill
Jack

Post by Jack »

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... seymarine&

Don't know anything about this boat.
unabashed hyena lover
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Hueso look at the full specs for extra photo`s .you see the way he did the windshield,main bulkhead, side windows ,this is the modifications i was referring in my previous posts. not quite as sleek as a 37' Bertram but the extra beam is real nice with family ,friends in salon area.i just underbid one like this for $45,000 the winner went back for $50,000 and took it! actually the interior was even better then this boat with perfect teak and holley sole in cabin along with teak walls. no fake walnut or worse yet white gel cote in the entire cabin .boat was out of ST.petersburg FL.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Kevind767
Standing Member

Post by Kevind767 »

I have a 1983 Convertible lll with 3208T CATS
Owned her for 23 years now and am open for offers

PM me for additional info.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Chris, next time you're down call me. you're brother has my number. wait till you see the refit
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Not to hijack the thread, but that is a very nice Bahia Mar; is it yours, Priceless? If so, what year and what power?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Oops, never mind; just saw the related thread.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Chris,

I saw a 1981 Bertram 38III for sale in Mystic over the weekend. Asking $72,500. Diesels, though it did not say what type. Listed by Mystic River Marina. FYI.

Dug
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Dug wrote:I saw a 1981 Bertram 38III for sale in Mystic over the weekend. Asking $72,500. Diesels, though it did not say what type. Listed by Mystic River Marina. FYI.
I found the online listing: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... ysticriver&