New National Geographic TV Program- Big Fish Texas

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Pete Fallon

New National Geographic TV Program- Big Fish Texas

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
Anyone see the new TV show Big Fish, Texas it looks like the fish house owner is redoing a 31' Bertram on land in the Galveston boat yard. Another reality show about commercial red snapper fishing and brokering fish. I just caught the first part of the show but it looked like a FBC painted light blue hull and white house didn't catch the name of the boat on the transom. The brokerage house is called Katie's Seafood Market. Kind of a hoaky show, but I thought I would mention the 31 Bertram that he's re-doing. anyone know the characters in the show.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Tom

Re: New National Geographic TV Program- Big Fish Texas

Post by Tom »

Pete, they are pirates of the first order. 1/4 of all gulf snapper roll through their shop all while guys with their own boats get to fish 9 days a year for them. They actively lobby against recs and have been plaintiffs in numerous lawsuits vs recs.

I've personally called the Feds over their culling long dead, short red snapper idling in the Galveston ship channel

Fior many reasons I do not do business with them.
Viva la Presidente!
ed c.

Post by ed c. »

That show stinks, all talk and no action and a lot of Bull about running a business .
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Ed & Tom,
They seemed to control the local fishery in the area, a lot of ego within the entire family, the only reason I mentioned the show was the 31 Bertram that they were working on.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61