End of the season

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

End of the season

Post by JimmyG »

Todays 3 hour trip time lapse from Canyon Club Cape May to Jersey Cape Green Bank NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3fmIXRRxls
Yannis

Re: End of the season

Post by Yannis »

Jimmy,

What are those kind of signs in the middle of the sea at the 2:30, 2:40 mark?
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Jimmy-
Thanks for sharing. Those end of the season rides are bittersweet. Seems like I'm usually alone for mine too.
Best,
Stephan
Possunt quia posse videntur
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Great go pro vids Jimmy...always have a boat full during the season..when it's time to put her away...solo..but worth it!!
May be intercostal marker Yannis cruising too fast to tell..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Jimmy

Long ride to put her to bed.

Always tough, especially when they are calling for 70 degrees for Christmas day.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Thanks Bob.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
John F.

Post by John F. »

Always appreciate your videos Jimmy. Thanks for posting
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Yannis wrote:Jimmy,

What are those kind of signs in the middle of the sea at the 2:30, 2:40 mark?
Intercostal markers in the Great Bay
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Here is a picture of my screen on the cruse up the beach, https://goo.gl/photos/uwp8kzJMco987Uc29 I bumped the throttle up a bit to 34 knots kicked back and had a cigar enjoying the NE unseasonably mild temps . this is a shaky shot of the maximum speed https://goo.gl/photos/7DoLbFzswnLrZs299 I got out of her this season....never hit that magic 40 knots! BTW I don't know if it was due to moving some weight aft i never felt that dreaded "squirrely" handling i was warned about also yes most of my trips(almost 300 hours) I ran over 30 knots! She's my "hot rod" and I enjoyed the hell out of her this past season!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Jimmy

I am glad that John met your expectations with those Cummins. Tough engines to beat.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
John C

Post by John C »

I brought my boat down to Jersey Cape from Manasquan for the winter of 2010/2011. Super nice place. There were a few reasons why I never went back but the 85 mile ride from North Jersey was the main one.. I spend many days in the winter just messing around with the damm thing and the ride got to me after a couple months. The day I ran her down (outside) it was 15 degrees. Had to break through one mile of ice to get to the marina. Wayne told me he has never seen the river freeze that early in his lifetime. Going through that inlet on that day was crazy. I was bumping the bottom a mile off the beach.
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

John C wrote:I brought my boat down to Jersey Cape from Manasquan for the winter of 2010/2011. Super nice place. There were a few reasons why I never went back but the 85 mile ride from North Jersey was the main one.. I spend many days in the winter just messing around with the damm thing and the ride got to me after a couple months. The day I ran her down (outside) it was 15 degrees. Had to break through one mile of ice to get to the marina. Wayne told me he has never seen the river freeze that early in his lifetime. Going through that inlet on that day was crazy. I was bumping the bottom a mile off the beach.
Its a 3hour ride for me and that inlet isn't the best but once it's at Jersey Cape it's only a 15 minute ride from my house to work on it
John C

Post by John C »

15 min. from the house is great. It is a nice place to winter. I liked the fact the place is secured but heck no one lives near the place!! For a north Jersey guy its pretty sparse down there. Only place in NJ that I have been where you can drive for twenty minutes and just see trees.