My time last Saturday in Greenport

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

IRGuy

My time last Saturday in Greenport

Post by IRGuy »

Thanks to Charlie Johnson's hospitality I was able to spend a few hours Saturday with some of the B31 Faithful. I drove up to Charlie's place on Friday (In the absolute WORST traffic I have ever been in!) and on Saturday Charlie and I went to the gathering in Greenport. I was able to meet some of the regulars who make this site so great. The boats were beautiful, and I was treated as an old friend by everyone. Thoroughly enjoyable! It was well worth the 15 hour drive up to NY on a Friday afternoon and the 13 hour return home in NC on Sunday!

While everyone was great, I need to especially mention Bob Lico, who is my hero. Bob took me to his boat and showed me everything he has done to make his "Phoenix" near perfect. By co-incidence my B33 is also named "Phoenix", but I fear I can only aspire to bring her up to the condition Bob's "Phoenix" is in.

Thanks guys one and all for your welcoming me into the Faithful fraternity, and thanks Charlie for making it possible!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Charlie J

Re: My time last Saturday in Greenport

Post by Charlie J »

doors always open for you frank
glad you had a great time
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Frank it was a pleasure to meet you in person. Glad you came to the rendezvous.

Hope to have the opportunity to chat with you again some day.

hb
hb
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Frank really great to meet you, it's to bad we only had a few minutes to chat.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Frank thank you for the atta boy ,you really caught me by surprise. seriously nobody ever ask me to describe armament on Phoenix well i took a photo for you .this is the Mossberg JIC (just in case) it is entirely made of stainless unlike remington mariner with non stainless internals .us army and marines both use Mossberg as standard issue with triple O buck for forced entry. here she is installed in upper station,

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

this is the military and police 40 cal S&W loaded with law enforcement hollow point it will definitely ruin some intruders week end. ---------------dead men tell no tales!

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

damn shame you could not stay longer i wanted to show you race car hydraulic steering (thats how you slide the waves)
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Brother Bob,
Toss the LE rounds. Done ballistic tests on all that stuff and they suck. Very under performing so the average cop can qualify.
Go with Cor Bon if you want good ballistics and stopping power. Better yet throw that pea shooting 40 out and hitch your saddle to a hot loaded 10mm for some fun.
Leave the 40 for limp wristed shooters..
:-)
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Damn Bruce....
You never cease to amaze me.
But, S&W and Mossberg are how I do it.
Only the Mossberg North, laws and all.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Since I have never encountered pirates in NJ, I have never felt the need to keep a shotgun on board. Do you guys know something I don't? Boat is in the back yard behind the house, so before they get to the boat they are coming in the house I am sure. That is another story.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

there are a hell of lot of people that carry a .380 . and then the are the majority whom use 9mm and some die hards with 45 cal. i feel a 40 cal S&W is more than enough and a 10 mm would be a even bigger report .were do i stop? i would think a 50cal. dessert eagle would be silly for a self defense side arm.we shot the winchester ranger 155 gr. LE. rounds into a gelatin pack at Sheriff`s range ,quite a bit more damage then the 9mm. only Homeland security and marshals use 40 cal as sop. possibly IRS agents but i don`t want to know any of them. i run all kinds of rounds thru that pistol and am satisfied with hand fit and performance.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

All of the Feds carry .40's, and are not allowed to own anything else (even for personal use).
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

HS and US marshall can purchase" on there own brass" any thing they want. no NICS check ask me how i know! our fearless leader choose the only agency without budget to take charge of obama care and hire 16,000 IRS agents.they purchase millions of rounds of 40 cal .i know nothing about there assign weapons nor there ability to purchase but will be advise at NOV gun show.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote:Since I have never encountered pirates in NJ, I have never felt the need to keep a shotgun on board. Do you guys know something I don't? Boat is in the back yard behind the house, so before they get to the boat they are coming in the house I am sure. That is another story.

Nah...Its for when somebody crosses your chum slick, sails across your lines or figures their boat is bigger then yours so no need to give you some space as they cruises 100' off your beam when drifting or anchored up and fishing. 50 cal sounds about right.