NY Jets legacy lives on....

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bruce
Site Admin

NY Jets legacy lives on....

Post by Bruce »

Sitting in Austin airport for my flight to Lauderdale yesterday, its announced the equipment is late out of Boston.

45 minutes late it arrives at the gate. As it rounds the corner I see the Jet Blue tail is painted green and then see NY Jets plastered along the fuselage. Great. Friday the 13th flying on a plane with the Jets logo. Just shoot me now.

Flight was the roughest I've ever been on since the 60's including bopping around the Florida skies in tiny Cessna's.

On final approach with bright sunny Florida skies and a wind right out of the east we should be down in a few. Flaps down, wheels down and locked for 9L. About 1 mile from 95 and we are way to high. Next thing gear is up and climbing. First missed approach ever flying commercial. Pilot came on and told a story that made no sense. But the sheep bought it.

Up and around for try number #2 only this time we head for 9R. Plane is shooting right to left all the way to the ground and I'm figuring Stevie Wonder is gaining some seat time. Touchdown, float, hit hard land.

I meant to comment on the way out past flight crew that someone needed some more simulator time but I remembered the Jets logo and just left it at that.
bob lico

Re: NY Jets legacy lives on....

Post by bob lico »

yono stevie your a real talented guy but you want to impress me mother fuc-ker take the wheel. (saturday night live with eddie murphy and stevie wonder driving in a car)
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
STraenkle

Post by STraenkle »

even more amazing a Jets plane made it out of Boston.
Scott Traenkle
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I remember reading a story years ago that the late Jeff Healey was pulled over suspected of driving under the influence. Upon approaching the car, the officer noted that car and occupants had a strong odor of alcohol. When asked if he had been drinking, Healey responded "not a drop, that's why I'm driving - my bandmates had way too much." THe officer said "if you haven't been drinking, please explan why your car was weaving so much." "Officer, I'm not drunk, just blind, the guys keep yelling left, no right, go back left."

Tom
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Here it is in Ft. Lauderdale

Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Thanks Joseph, that pic is like someone telling you your ex wife is dead then saying April Fools.
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Joseph Fikentscher wrote:Here it is in Ft. Lauderdale
That MUST be a relatively recent picture because the construction work on the new FLL runway hasn't been going on for more then a couple of years...
Last edited by Navatech on Mar 17th, '15, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
jspiezio

Post by jspiezio »

Navatech wrote: That MUST be a relatively recent picture because the construction work on the new runway hasn't been going on for more then a couple of years...
It's new, that's one of the new Embraers that JetBlue is now flying. See how small it is relative to the Airbus 320 behind it.
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Took the picture on February 14, finishing up a week in the Keys.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Bruce,
You should have known better than get on that Jets (Jet Blue)plane, especially when it came from Boston, it probably had a ton of snow in the cargo hold and a former NE Patriot defensive player that is not worth the money the Jets are going to pay him . Just be glad you made it back from Texas. We broke the all time record for the snowiest winter ever, where I am living in Peabody we had over 126" of snow and Boston 15 miles to the south had 113" and we are getting more tonight. The 1st day of spring and it's 25 degrees at 12:00 Noon, with 1-3 inches of snow for this evening. I picked the wrong year to move back to Boston area, but I had to do it for medical reasons.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Carl

Post by Carl »

Pete Fallon wrote:Bruce,
We broke the all time record for the snowiest winter ever, where I am living in Peabody we had over 126" of snow and Boston 15 miles to the south had 113" and we are getting more tonight. The 1st day of spring and it's 25 degrees at 12:00 Noon, with 1-3 inches of snow for this evening. I picked the wrong year to move back to Boston area, but I had to do it for medical reasons.
Pete Fallon

Pete- You'll get that knee straightened out and be back in sunny Florida in no time laughing about the year you went back...