Another Drive to end the Ethanol Mandate

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Sean B

Another Drive to end the Ethanol Mandate

Post by Sean B »

I received an email asking for signatures to end ethanol.

Click here to participate: https://www.votervoice.net/NMMA/Campaigns/38547/Respond ...it took me just under a minute to do it.

Quoted below, from the email:

FACT: E15 is availiable in more than 100 retail locations nationwide.
FACT: E15 is now sold in FL, GA, MI, NC & a dozen more states.
FACT: E15 is now being sold by major retailers like Sheetz.
FACT: The corn lobby is pushing the spread of E15.
FACT: E15 will damage boats.
FACT: You can stop the spread of E15.
FACT: You can save all boats from this harmful fuel.

The facts haven't changed. Without your help, E15 will continue to spread across the country, putting boats and engines at risk and jeopardizing the growth of the recreational boating industry.

Click here to send a message to Congress

Boating United is the grassroots platform of the recreational boating industry. It is comprised of boating manufacturers, businesses and supporters who share the common goal of protecting and promoting the industry. Take action, learn about the issues and more at http://boatingunited.com/
Charlie J

Re: Another Drive to end the Ethanol Mandate

Post by Charlie J »

done
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Tom Curran

Post by Tom Curran »

done
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Done
Possunt quia posse videntur
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Done
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

done
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Skipper Dick

Post by Skipper Dick »

Done
1983 Bertram 28 FBC w/300 Merc Horizon
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

Done.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Tooeez

Post by Tooeez »

Done.
Tom Curran

Post by Tom Curran »

My Congressmans response..not discouraging..

March 6, 2015

Dear Mr. Curran,

Thank you for contacting me about federal ethanol policies. I appreciate your feedback on this important issue.

As you may know, the ethanol industry in the United States has substantially benefitted from three generous and unnecessary federal subsidies – a special tax break, protectionist tariffs that shield the industry from foreign competitors, and a mandate that corn-based ethanol be blended into gasoline. I strongly oppose these subsidies and am working in Congress to eliminate them. I am pleased to report that the tax break expired at the end of 2011 as well as many of the protectionist tariffs.

However, the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), which requires billions of gallons of corn-based ethanol be blended into gasoline each year, is still in place. The diversion of corn for ethanol production is a contributing factor in rising food prices and higher feed prices for Vermont's dairy farmers. And, the blending of ethanol into gasoline is damaging small engines in Vermont including chain saws, lawnmowers, and boat engines.

I will soon reintroduce the RFS Reform Act, which would repeal the mandate that requires the use of corn ethanol and prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from increasing the amount of ethanol blended into gasoline. This bipartisan bill will provide much needed relief to consumers, farmers, and sportsmen from the harmful effects of this misguided policy.

Please keep in touch. I look forward to seeing you in Vermont soon.

Sincerely,

PETER WELCH

Member of Congress
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Sean
Thanks for the post.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from my local rep...

Dear Mr. Bryson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns regarding ethanol.

In the federal government's great and erroneous wisdom, 15 billion gallons of ethanol-infused gasoline is required to be utilized starting this year. However, the promises of lowered greenhouse gas emissions and lower gas prices under this ethanol policy have yet to materialize and we are all continuing to face real consequences as a result of the ethanol mandate.

One of the major issues I hear from my constituents concerns the use of the E-15 blend – especially those along the coast who are concerned about the negative effects E-15 has on their marine engines. These issues are of great concern, and I believe the EPA needs to reevaluate this policy. While the price of ethanol blended fuels may be slightly lower than pure gasoline, what is not advertised is that taxpayers have paid $1.78 in subsidies for every gallon of ethanol produced before the retail pump price is ever paid. Please know I will continue to oppose federal policies and regulations that impose substantial burdens on taxpayers while ignoring the realities of the free market.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on this issue, and I hope you will feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns. In the meantime, please take a moment to visit my website: rouzer.house.gov/. You will find information on a number of issues as well as have the opportunity to sign up for my weekly newsletter.

Sincerely,

David Rouzer
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!