B31 Repower & Contacts Requested for Mia/Ft Lauderdale Area

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Ryan D.

B31 Repower & Contacts Requested for Mia/Ft Lauderdale Area

Post by Ryan D. »

Hello all,
I am writing from St. Lucia and am excited to be joining the group. I require contact information to help with a B31 project in Miami starting March 2, 2015:
1) Repowering a B31 in Miami - currently has one of the 170hp 4LH DTE Yanmars not working/blown. New Cummins dealer has been very responsive/professional and would like to get additional information for Yanmar, including potential used engine options/dealers? Would be keen to hear your thoughts on the pros and cons of each option as well (Yanmar, Cummins, used, new). Boat has Borg Warner 1.5:1 transmissions and 1.5 shafts.
2) Boat is Bahia Mar and has a hard top with tower above. I am 6'5" so need to raise the top. I am thinking of putting in a skin similar to Real Cowboy and would like then to be able to have the ability to open up for as much air flow as possible - so fold up soft windshield. Would like to get contacts and boats yards that could assist with this work. Would also like to hear of any other ideas you think I should consider?
3) Would like to get contacts and quotes to add a bow pulpit, bow rail and transom and other miscellaneous work?
4) Will potentially need to store the boat in Miami/Ft Lauderdale - any recommendations on reputable boat yards, and preferably ones that can handle the work required?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Best regards
Ryan
msteimer
Standing Member

Re: B31 Repower & Contacts Requested for Mia/Ft Lauderdale A

Post by msteimer »

Ryan,

Welcome to the site. Can't help you on your questions, but just wanted to say I've been drooling over that boat for the past few months. She's beautiful!! Good luck with the repower!

Mark
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Ryan

Welcome

I am sure the Florida residents can help you out. Bruce and Peter in particular. Where is the boat right now?
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I'll ask you the same question I asked everyone who came to me for a refit or repower, what is your budget if you have one?

That is going to direct your course and save asking a ton of inconsequential questions and pinpoint what to look for in power.

You can PM me if you don't want to post the amount.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Welcome aboard, Ryan. Bruce (who posted above) did my Yanmar repower and all my major service, and his work is phenomenal; so just know that you can totally trust what he tells you.
Ryan D.

Post by Ryan D. »

Guys,
Thanks! Much appreciated. Bruce I am sending you a PM and look forward to speaking further.
Cheers
Ryan
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Ryan,
I would consider selling my tower with the Macrolon enclosure. The tower is 2 pieces with 16 rod holders and Top Gun swing out riggers. I love the tower, but, don't need the upper station for the type of fishing that we do. I would have a 1/2 tower and enclosure built to match what I have now. I would also sell the bow rail as I can have another built with the new tower. The rail was built to accomodate a Cabrera pulpit.

John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich