Mitch and Kristen's cat

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Mitch and Kristen's cat

Post by Dug »

For those of you who don't know about this. I am awestruck that someone would do this. This cat is owned by a couple of our own, Mitch and Kristen Mills of MOJO.

Dug

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pa ... 2741892417

For those of you who may not be on Facebook, their neighbor shot their cat with a bow and arrow. And he was caught. And the warden is throwing the book at the perpetrator, as well he should.
Carl

Re: Mitch and Kristen's cat

Post by Carl »

I am not a cat fan...but that is absurd.

Just heard recently that somebody shot and killed a dog that was in the owners yard. News said it was a Pitbull...but I don't see why that was mentioned. Dog was secure in yard, has never bit or shown aggression towards anyone according to owner.
Lady just heard a bang and dog dropped.

Then again...across the Island here somebody stabbed an elementary school kid on there way home from school.

Cruelty beyond my comprehension. Let the book get tossed at them.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

that's just down right wrong
1968 hull # 316 - 757
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Question as I heard this story on a main news outlet.

Is it not prohibited to allow cats to run free in this local or was the news report wrong?
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Bruce wrote:Is it not prohibited to allow cats to run free in this local or was the news report wrong?
Let's suppose it IS prohibited... The guilty party would be the owner rather then the cat who doesn't know better... Furthermore, was the arrow shooter deputized to enforce the law?!... So where does he get off shooting the damned animal?!...

Nope, I'm not a cat person... I found all 101 uses for dead cats hilarious... But then again, I also found all 101 uses for dead cat haters hilarious...
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/27343 ... ing#page=1

You mean like this? That's me with the shadow interview.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Feral cats suck, destructive as hell. Can't tell you how many boat interiors destroyed by those things growing up.

No collar, no quarter.

Same as coyotes, geese and democrats
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Rocky,

How sad indeed. I only hope the b@st@rd gets nailed quick.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

JP Dalik wrote:Feral cats suck, destructive as hell. Can't tell you how many boat interiors destroyed by those things growing up.
It's not just interiors (though I suspect those damages are caused by raccoons and cats found on the premises are just left holding the stick), the havoc feral cats wage among the small bird population is little known but very extensive...
JP Dalik wrote:No collar, no quarter.
Even if you know the cat belongs to your neighbor?!...
Carl

Post by Carl »

JP Dalik wrote:Feral cats suck, destructive as hell. Can't tell you how many boat interiors destroyed by those things growing up.

No collar, no quarter.

Feral cat??? Different story.
You want a cat, keep it in your little patch of the world and I am fine...let it roam into my patch and we have a problem.
Aside from not being a cat fan...I can be pretty allergic...especially around where they excrete their dailies...then the smell. Have to watch them around kids. And as JP mentioned they can be destructive.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

No collar, no quarter.

Hopefully you study your "feral" cat first, and have some sort if restraint before you take out a neighbor's cat or you SHOULD be prosecuted.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

If you love your cat put a collar on it. Better yet keep it on your property.

I do know that if it were a dog roaming from yard to yard someone would call the cops and the owner would eventually get a summons.

And yes Nav they were cats in the boats, in the late 70's this marina was overrun with them.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

I agree people should keep the cat in their yard. My neighbors cat is always using my garden as his toilet. I have remind quiet because he is a really good neighbor and I want to keep piece. I have now spread pine calls and clam shells around and that keeps him out
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

JP Dalik wrote: Better yet keep it on your property.
Ain't gonna happen with a cat, but I do agree to collar your pets. I have 2 cats that are "mousers" on my property and will always have them for rodent control, other wise I don't care for them either but in my case they have a positive purpose. Having had a collar on the Mitch and Kristens cat might have saved it one would think. Then again there are very cruel people out there like the shooter of my kid's pony. .22 in the lung, suffered for 7 hrs slow death.
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Tony Meola

I have now spread pine calls and clam shells around and that keeps him out
Geeze Tony, I didn't know clam shells kept cats away !! Raw, or cooked leftovers ?
I'm not sure what pine calls are, maybe pine cones? Greek cats, though, do not seem to get bothered by these, as pines are all over the place as well as cats !
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Faithful,
The cat was 18 years old and the neighbor shot it with a hunting arrow because it was stalking his pet Quail. Come on people get real. The neighbor should be fined for hunting within a neighborhood, the cat couldn't catch the quail if he was 17 years younger. Cats have more brains than some people I know. Used one of his 9 lives, eight to go. I am a cat and former dog owner just plain wrong.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Joseph Fikentscher

Post by Joseph Fikentscher »

No one should treat any animal not to be eaten in an inhumane manner. That being said, Call your local Animal Control. Let them handle it in a lawful manner.
Sea Hunt Triton 207, a step down, but having fun till my next Bertram!

[url]https://www.instagram.com/endurance_ber ... hl=en/[url]
Carl

Post by Carl »

Joseph Fikentscher wrote: That being said, Call your local Animal Control. Let them handle it in a lawful manner.

That's funny!

Had a Feral cat problem near the shop a few years ago. Neighbor is a true animal lover, but had enough after waiting months for Animal Control. Before allowing some people to leave Rat Poison out for them, she went out and bought her own Have A Heart Traps, caught six or so at a time, brought to have neutered, brought back and released.

That is almost as good as calling the Police, DOT and 311 if you have a strange car sitting in front of your driveway for a day...even a business driveway. Still waiting on them to show up after a couple years...nice to have a forklift.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Carl wrote: That is almost as good as calling the Police, DOT and 311 if you have a strange car sitting in front of your driveway for a day...even a business driveway. Still waiting on them to show up after a couple years...nice to have a forklift.

I had one of those. It had been smashed and burned. Couldn't get anyone to come. After a few days, I told them that I thought that I caught a whiff of burnt meat.

They came.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Yannis wrote:

I have now spread pine calls and clam shells around and that keeps him out

Geeze Tony, I didn't know clam shells kept cats away !! Raw, or cooked leftovers ?
I'm not sure what pine calls are, maybe pine cones? Greek cats, though, do not seem to get bothered by these, as pines are all over the place as well as cats !
Yannis

Sorry Pine cones. Cats don't like to walk on anthing that could be sharp and they like smooth and soft that they can easily dig into. The Pine Cones hurt their paws and the claim shells are just a hard surface they need to move out of the way and they hate doing that also. If I broke them up and turned them so the edges were up, that would work also.

By they way, they were cooked. Steamed on a grill.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

Tony, thanks.

I just put a sign "No cats allowed". The cats read it, and they stay away. Simple !!

By the way, most of my professional life was in catfood, more so in the dry cat segment; that's why cats understand my signs !!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote: By they way, they were cooked. Steamed on a grill.

Hmm...never had a cat that way, taste good?

oh...I have another one, but slightly off color.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Carl wrote: By they way, they were cooked. Steamed on a grill.

Hmm...never had a cat that way, taste good?

oh...I have another one, but slightly off color.

Now that is funny. I know you usually have them when you order Chinese.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315