Northeast rendevous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

TailhookTom

Re: Northeast rendevous

Post by TailhookTom »

IRGuy wrote:Tom...

Okra is the first step.. but the major question needs to be asked. Do you learned to like grits?

Frank -- I had shrimp and grits last night!

Tom
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

bob lico wrote:tom the only way to get that friendly wave is to be driving a corvette.women strangers even strike up a conversation at a stop. everyone else normally will cut you off and then give you the finger!!!

I get that driving my Slingshot Yellow Chevy SSR too...
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Dinner is all lined up for Saturday night at 6:30. Charlie will get back to me on the final amount per plate. Good news lobster prices have come down a bit. Glad to hear we got a few more coming out even just for the day. If 34 Hatt can drop by so can you guys lol..can't have the Hatteras rendezvous show the Bertram guys how it's done. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
neil

Post by neil »

Just spoke to the tent company they will be there fri morning we have tables and chairs for up too sixty people so guys don't be shy.bob h when are you and Harry coming?brew and I should be there thurs afternoon
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Bob H. wrote:I would like to get a final count by July 22, 2015. That will give Charlie at Southold plenty of time. Chime in in with your numbers. Thanks guys see you soon. BH

Thanks for all the work Bob, my final number is 7 not including the kids...

Pete
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

my final number is 7 not including grandchildren. a little side track what about a welcome dinner? i have enough pork baby back ribs,chops,ham steaks to feed every one just need BBQ`s .just need head count for friday night.need some input!!!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

great conversation neil i will bring pork roast,ribs,ham steak and my son has a smoker box to put in BBQ with apple chips .i am sure our southern brothers like harry and Andrea know exactly how to BBQ Texas style . cmon guys speak up!!!!! need good recipe for BBQ sauce southern style.
Last edited by bob lico on Jul 23rd, '15, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Harry and I should be there by noon on Friday. Safe travels to all. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

sure wish i had a couple brothers that wanted to go by boat from Oakdale NY. to Greenport. this would allow me to go thru shennecock canal and cut trip considerably .i need the put down outriggers and antenna to clear two non opening bridges.just hold on to them for 5 minutes to go under bridges .more then a hour to go around Montauk point and then back to Greenport at 30knots.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

weather for Greenport,NY. Friday,Saturday Sunday is sunny,sunny sunny about 85 degrees and Saturday is 0% chance of precipitation! cmon on down brothers.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Bob Lico

I intend to send up sample of a Southern Cuisine........do you mind if I tag along on the grill Friday evening?

hb
hb
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

do i mind ! You are the main man in addition to my Capt. for Phoenix. both neil and my son are BBQ. chefs but they need that southern expertise.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

We need to get in touch with Tom hart to see if we can grill at the coffee shop, we are not allowed to have a grill under the tent
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

did anyone do t shirts this year
1968 hull # 316 - 757
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

bob lico wrote:sure wish i had a couple brothers that wanted to go by boat from Oakdale NY. to Greenport. this would allow me to go thru shennecock canal and cut trip considerably .i need the put down outriggers and antenna to clear two non opening bridges.just hold on to them for 5 minutes to go under bridges .more then a hour to go around Montauk point and then back to Greenport at 30knots.
Bob you need to work out something for the riggers I made ropes with S clips and hang the riggers down low and then put a bungee cord between the two of them to keep them together. Its a major time savings and you can just float outside of Jacksons then put them back up in the peconic. If you need help I could help you early Friday before I head to Greenport I could drive to Jackson's and help you get to the County dock and bring a folding bike to get back.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

neil i will reach out to aldos coffee so we can grill in the back . I'm sure he will be ok with that.but will let you know . ill grab a grill from my sons farm up the road .
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

dan people like you are far and few today and thats the exact reason this site is the best .the fact that you would bicycle that distance completely going out of your way to help is incredible in this day and age! i installed a ratchet mount for the bottom of the antenna and a thumb screw clamp on the radar arch to swing the antenna down and bungee into hawes pipe . the riggers are Rupp tournament with push button release to lower but that lowers them to 30 degrees they still need someone to hold in the air or somehow i will bungee to gin pole on one side but port side my son will have to hold .boat radar and cactus mount above radar (holds GPS. and anchor light) clears railroad at exact midspan by 6" at high tide in canal. i hold my breath as i put her between the two bridge lights hanging down at least 1'.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tom please let me know as soon as possible pork is in o degrees freezer and will take time to thaw correctly.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

No problem Bob I have met lots of Good people in this sand box sounds like you got a plan if you need help I will be in the area Friday a.m and may even see you coming through the peconic. I will be coming out of Riverhead back in the butt crack of the peconic and will be watching for any 31's making the run see you in Greenport.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
1962 31

Post by 1962 31 »

cant make it this year heading down to beach haven for the white marlin invitational tourney
have fun guys
neil

Post by neil »

Bob,I just made four pints of BBQ sauce I will also bring some dry rub. And 34 hatteras we will be cutting thru the canal with Brewster at lunch time thurs. The canal really cuts some distance for us as well
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Hey, Guys, ya'll have a blast in Greenport. Be safe and raise a Patron to me, wish I could have made it this year, but it just wasn't in the cards...

Best regards,

Patrick
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

hard to believe we finally going to have a Texas style BBQ and capt. patrick is not there.Hmm something wrong with that statement next year you report to Texas ANG. and you will fly into a Nj. ANG.on a c-130.come across the pond with neil.
the rest of the brothers be there for friday night BBQ.unless you were a organic farmer and raise the family pig on grazing grass ,berries,acorns,etc.then you slaughter it for the Bertram rendezvous is the only way you tasted any pork this good and prepare and BBQ by neil and anthony (Bobby Flay) stand in`s. we might possibly need good plastic knifes ,forks,and plates if anybody is coming by car.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

we will need forks n stuff for the lobster boil as well, I will pick up enough for both bbq and boil. Harry arrives Thursday afternoon, we will shove off early Friday morning. That BBQ sounds pretty damn tasty, Harry is brining some sausage that guarantees a clogged artery or two. A patron will be hoisted for you Capt Pat no doubt.BH
Dug

Post by Dug »

Hey guys, sounds like its going to be another fun weekend, and good weather.
the certainty that I am going to miss this year is just about 100%, though I wish it were different. I will try to talk the gang into a ride over to say hi on my dads boat, as Alchemy is still in the paint shop at this point and the whaler won't allow all to join and the engine is a popcorn machine according to my brother.

Have fun, and raise a beer or a clear.

Hope for next year!

Dug
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Hey Papa Dug,

Sorry you are going to miss it. The boys wanted to thank you for the swim platform, they love it. We won't tell Bob Lico Alchemy is being held up as the dinette is being converted to a bench seat / crib combo! You and Kerri should get a sitter and hop on the ferry for dinner
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i pulled all the pork out of deep freeze and put into refrigerator for slow defrost .the ambient temperature most never exceed 35 degrees while defrosting for perfection and food handling safety. damn shame somebody could have pick up corn from farm stand on the way out. fresh corn BBQ in foil is to die for. i have the BBQ utensils and meat thermometer with me.
pete it will not take long to find out removing OEM dinette and replaced with seat is totally useless first time kids put a meal on there lap to eat! i will gladly put you on a LUHRS at our mariner and give your kids a pizza to eat-----------you clean up
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Bob I am only busting chops I like my dinette.

My nephew chris and my sister who bought the 25 will be coming to dinner too.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

the more the merrier i have a ton of food.your older sister was on my boat and advise me she said" don`t listen to peter his children are always at the table on his boat" i was wondering how you taught the children to hold there milk with one hand and eat with the other like standing on a bus trying to eat and of course you lose the two deep big draws under the bench seats and the area behind the draw should be battery charger on one side and electrical distribution under the other both high and dry Not the engine compartment (heat/salt water/engine fumes/corrosion/heat.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Daughter's family moving back to NY from Italy and wife coming up from FL on Saturday forced me to miss the festivities.
I did get to Greenport, just in time to see Phoenix coming at me.
Slowed, spun around and caught him (no easy task, that boat was steppin'), had to push the throttles way more than anticipated.
Saw someone else (Jeff ?) rounding the breakwater, but headed into the marina.
Caught Neil, still at Mitchell's, chatted a bit over a silver bullet and then ran close to Bahia Moon as he headed east.
Took some nice pics of him running, which I would love to email to someone here that can post em' .... I aint good at posting photos on here.
Aside from that, hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend.
See ya
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john we were driving at minimum cruise speed and slowed down when we seen you waving . Sunday was my grand son`s birthday so grand pa and his dad pick him up from Shelter island and he drove Phoenix across the Peconic in a perfect 2' chop at 30 all the way to canal entrance quite a feat for a eleven year old following the chart and driving at that speed . grand pa is proud!
Last edited by bob lico on Aug 3rd, '15, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Harv

Post by Harv »

Bertramp wrote: Caught Neil, still at Mitchell's, chatted a bit over a silver bullet and then ran close to Bahia Moon as he headed east.
Took some nice pics of him running, which I would love to email to someone here that can post em' .... I aint good at posting photos on here.
Sorry I missed you. I left Sastuday night after the the dinner. Email me the pics. I had trouble posting a video, but still think I know how to post photos.
Harv
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Harv ....shoot me a PM with your email address
Capt. Lico ..... Steve "Bertramp" Kelly .... boat looked great !!
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thank you john. received quite a bit of attention at the fueling station just after last bridge in canal.WOW valve tech diesel 3.15 a gallon.(thats 45 cetane ) brothers.cummins are singing on that brew.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Bob..... Sounds like you were at Jacksons Marina, Brew's home port.
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i did not notice the name.the marina has some 50' to 60' sport fishing boat close to canal and going south it is on east side .i notice the gold propeller on the pump and did a quick turn around.i normal go from oakdale all the way to bayshore to get valve tech fuel.now i have a place out east to fuel.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

We just got home this morning,spent a few days in block then off to montauk and last night was Greenport had a great ride all week and it was good to see everyone
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Neil. How was the weather the last few days?
Dug

Post by Dug »

Damned glad another get together was a success! Sorry to miss it; I had hoped to make a day trip, but it was just not in the cards.

Peter, I am very, very happy that the swim platform is going to good use! I do miss it, and may end up with another at some point but we have a cool ladder set up that I hope to try this coming summer. Alchemy is in the paint shop and is not scheduled to emerge until end of August. I am sure she will look great, but until then... And after paint, she goes to get her halftower fitted, and then back to Skips for the winter. Never to even touch a drop of water.

Olivia is doing really well, Kerri is a great mom, and we are working hard to make sure our beautiful baby is growing up healthy and happy. No surprises, but sleep is intermittant, and its been a very, very different summer for both of us. My parents and we had tickets to James Taylor at Fenway Park last night, and my parents went but we didn't. No sitter yet...

I personally have not stepped foot on a boat at all this year except for my 4 regatta officiating days this spring on the lake in front of my house. My 15' whaler is still on the trailer in the driveway, though the mooring whips just got installed on the dock on Monday. Took me a while on that, since I ordered them in June I think. but I got that done. I am hoping to go visit my buddy Mike on his viking at the dock soon. I miss the water, a lot, but Olivia does a great job of distracting me. My parents porch has taken on a whole new meaning in life, as I can sit, chill with the kid and watch the world go by on the water. I also have a whole new level of appreciatation for parents in this world, particularly my own. Its been quite a new perspective!

I do plan to be at the rendezvous next year. One way or another!

Take care my friends!!!

Dug
John Swick

Post by John Swick »

Dug,
You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Just when you think things are getting normal again.....along comes #2.
Oh Boy !!!!
1971 31' Bahia Mar hull# 316-1035
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

A few shots of Bahia Moon motoring along, thanks to Bertramp aka Steve Kelly. A great time indeed got a tour of Shelter Island thanks to the Lico family and ride over with Jeff Pagano on Wits End, hope the engine mount fixed worked out for you. Enjoyed hanging out and talking Bertram's with everyone especially my good friend Harry Babb from way down south. Till next year. BH

neil

Post by neil »

Bob h as always it was good to see ya and thanks for posting those pics
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Not bad for phone pics !!!
Neil, who is the window guy ?
Thanks
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
neil

Post by neil »

Steve it's is american marine in pompano Florida 954-782-1400. Guys name on the invoice was micheal Avery. I have all the specs if you need them
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Beautiful ....they are right up the road !!
please forward specs
bertramp1@aol.com
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly