Northeast rendevous

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Re: Northeast rendevous

Post by neil »

Mitch,sure would be good to see you again .do you remember when you came flukeing with us ,that was a fun time I guess it was oak bluffs .you and the wife would love Greenport no excuses my freind
Harv

Post by Harv »

Coming by car again this year. Need to make reservations. Is Greenport and the weekend of July31/Aug1 the final plan? I want to book hotel today.
Harv
Yannis

Post by Yannis »

http://www.beneteau.com/News/Motorboats ... awler-2015

I don't know if I copied it correctly, but this is the idea of a "rendez vous" at Beneteau. Press on the short video at the bottom.
It might give you ideas for your own get together.
It would be nice to have a video like this one made, for the ones who couldn't make it to the rendez vous.
Good luck.
1973 B28 FBC/2007 4LHA STP's - "Phantom Duck" - Hull "BER 00794 1172"
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I booked my slip last week, Jeff gave me a name of a guy who owns Southhold fish market said he may be able to do lobster boil for us. I gave home a call but haven't heard back yet. Need a rough head count. I'm guessing 40 or less. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Bob we will be there 4-6 adults 2 kids
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

at least 6 adults
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Bob Lico,did you fill out the permit form.if so I will call the tent people ,and bob h thanks for looking into the dinner thing.the tent comes with tables and chairs for like 65 or so we need to get this thing going
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

neil i downloaded the pdf from tent people. this has no bearing on the liability insurance .i imagine the town of Greenport needs the liability certificate IN there name.nothing to do with tent or tent rental. our Lightning orientation is being held under a tent for two days and the town in not libel for any accident that occurs under the tent.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Bob Lico I sent you the wrong application I meant to send you the towns permit application ,I will do so sorry for any confusion
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Spoke with Charlie today traditional boil with 1 1/4 lb lobster mussels, steamers, necks, corn etc. he is checking schedule to see if available. What time we thinking on sitting down for the feast? 6?7? Feedback and headcount if you guys are in.
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
neil

Post by neil »

Bob there will be four of us,I spoke to the tent people they are going to set up fri am
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Information needed for filling out Greenport public assembly permit; does anybody remember how long ago we held our first rendezvous at MICHELLE PARK ?
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

I might be wrong, but I think the first year at Greenport was 2011...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok capt. i will use 2011.i don`t want to give them the notion this is our first use of the park!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

We are looking forward to seeing you guys it only a month or so away.hopefully brewsters will make a cameo appearence,Giff will not be able to make it this year so that's one less life jacket we need
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

May have a brother from the Deep South as a special guest. Let's get the ball rolling just over a month away. BH
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

The Deep South is in........looking forward to seeing everyone again.

hb
hb
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Good news Harry, look forward to seeing you.

To both those who haven't attended and the many I call friends, some highlights and updates...

At my first rendezvous within moments of meeting Neil and his family we were changing diapers on his engine boxes, we'll be celebrating that little guys 6th birthday at this years rendezvous. I gave the family the option of passing this year to have a birthday party, they laughed at me.

My godson/nephew who attends SUNY Maritime just brought home his 25 Bertram project. He will be joining us at the rendezvous this year, and hopefully soon he will be on the site introducing himself.

I had a nice conversation with one of our faithful DJ Casey a few weeks back as I was sending him some parts, I hope he makes the effort to come down....

Anyone who is travelling from out of town, we are happy to help picking up at the airport or train station or even put you up, just let me know...

Hope Dug can make it out with the baby (girl not the boat)
neil

Post by neil »

Harry we are happy to hear that you will be there. Just wouldn't be the same without ya
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Spoke with Charlie at Southhold Seafood he has us booked for Saturday @6:30 New England Clamboil with lobster, mussels, steamers etc. he said shouldn't be more than $30-35 a plate. Keep me posted on a head count, all are welcome. BH
Harv

Post by Harv »

I'll be coming alone, and our first year in Greenport was 2010.
Harv
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

hey fellas ,sorry iv been out of the loop this year as far as setting up .been a busy summer .ill be glad to help out with the clam bar like years past . charlie south old seafood is a great call and he will do right by us .the tent was always the best setup and the insurance as i remember will be close to the same cost .unless we listen to bob tell us about lightning or lighting.i will get my slip soon . if you need anything else as I'm here . reach out . safe trips t hart
Dug

Post by Dug »

I am going to try to make a day trip again, though it does not look like it will be on Alchemy. She is not in the paint shop yet, and there is much to be done after that, so I have a sneaking suspicion it may not be on a Bertram 31 as my primary mode of transport. That of course is if I am allowed to venture far from the home stead by the girl and baby. LOL!

So it may be on a whaler, or my parents may buy into a big party ride on the Hunt. Who knows. But I'd love to say hi to everyone. :)

Dug
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

going to Greenport today confirm slip space for Friday July 31 and Saturday August 1st .hopefully speak with Jeff on clean up ramifications ,like do i get charged $500.00 if there is a candy wrapper on the ground next to tent.who decides ? do we have garbage pails or a dumpster to dispose of dinner garbage .they keep $ 500.00 retainer till after inspection ! any information from the brotherhood is appreciated.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Bob there are dumpsters on the property,I'm sure that everyone will help cleanup we will be there Thursday pm or at the latest fri at noon .i have to pay the tent guy seven hundred ,hopefully we can divide that amongst those who attend ,if not let's have some fun. See ya soon
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I should arrive around noon, I will bring a box of trash bags so we can show the powers that be in Greenport we are a good group of guys. Don't worry about your deposit Bob Lico, just look at our 31s I think we know how to keep things clean. I will need a close count for the dinner at least a week before and you guys can settle up with me in Greenport. I will bring a few half molds for those who haven't pulled the trigger on one. A guest from 1305 miles away will be my co pilot. See ya'll soon.BH
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Save me a mold Bob...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

not worry about fee and deposit more worry about speech on lightning ---hmmm lightning comes from heaven and scares the sh-t out of you if strikes nearby.
(end of speech)
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
neil

Post by neil »

Just got off the phone with Jeff at Mitchell's marine in Greenport,as of right now there are only three boats singed up .the tall ship where this week and there were seven of them these tall ships traveled several miles to be there under sail therefor there are no excuses for you Long Island boys not to attend via boat Charlie Johnson ,mike olhstein,Peter palmerie and b 62 from jersey Harry baab and capt pat are the only two that have valid excuses and Harry will be arriving via boat
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

As often as I tell people not to invite me to weddings and stuff in the summer, there are some obligations which can't be avoided.

I'll try to be out there for Friday, but can't stay the weekend.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
neil

Post by neil »

The only reason I'm busting your balls is because you are the leader of the mean team and you need to show up maybe with timmmmyyyy Hope to see ya soon and thanks for doing what you do with the site. We have met the best group of guys via this site thanks neil
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

I might drive out for the day neil
1968 hull # 316 - 757
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

charlie possibly a seminar on striper fishing in july.i have not seen one in a month .cocktail blues under and thru bunker pods not a one landed on Phoenix this year!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

yea it was a tough spring run bob
looks like they did a end run on us
1968 hull # 316 - 757
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

5-7 adults for dinner on my end, when do we need a final count by?
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

I would like to get a final count by July 22, 2015. That will give Charlie at Southold plenty of time. Chime in in with your numbers. Thanks guys see you soon. BH
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Count me in for one Bob

hb
hb
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

neil,bob everything is a go for Greenport.they accepted the insurance and Phoenix as the "agent" .A lightning seminar for boating safety for Bertram owners. Jeff helped me word the cover letter to be accepted by village board of directors.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Great job Bob, cat wait to hear all about lightning. Now let's get a few more Bertram brothers to head on down to Greenport. Keep me posted on how many for the lobster dinner. BH
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

Count me out for this year's rendezvous...
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bob i had to do the submittal twice.Greenport village wanted to be additional insure never heard that term and we deal with feds,towns,villages so i call my agent while in jeff`s office put the two together and she fax to jeff exactly what he wanted to comply.anyways the town has all kinds of new activities going on so lets get going guys it going to be a great rendezvous under ideal conditions thanks to neil with tent rental and bob and tom taking care of food.btw. bob the permit insurance was suppose to be in there hands 60 days prior so rather then listen to political bullshit i change it to a bertram lightning safe boater seminar.who gives a damn what we call it!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Capt Pat, I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to attend. Won't be the same that's for sure. An opportunity for the new guys to step up and meet a great group of people. I attended quite a few rendezvous' without a Bertram and these guys made me feel right at home so if your building one or want to own one come on down, even for a day or the weekend. If we don't keep this going who will?!!BH
neil

Post by neil »

Bob h count us in for three dinner,jr is not coming this year,he has a job.he has to fish three big white marlin tournaments,it just uncle markie and me and the bride
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

A little history here! !

I purchased DeNada in 2004.

Not sure of the year but soon after becoming a 31 Bertram owner (was a fan for at least 30 years before that) I discovered http://www.bertram31.com and met our friend Captain Patrick McCrary.

I chatted on the board for a while then one day I got a message from Uncle Vic.....affectionately referred to as our boards "Spark Plug". Uncle Vic informed me that he, with family in tow, would be vacationing at the Marriotts Grand Hotel...located about 3 miles from my house.....and suggested that we should meet for a Mint Julep. We sat for a while in the "Bird Cage" at the hotel and had a very good visit......quite a gentleman he was.

Next I met in person (cannot remember the order) Andre, Doug AKA Capt DQ, Scot, JP Dalik here in the Deep South.

Then one day I got a call from Bob H. Bob tells me that he is vacationing in Orange Beach and would like for us to shake hands. Later that week Bob and Brenda came to my shop for our first meeting. Immediately we became very good friends. One evening we were talking and Bob ask if I have ever attended a rendezvous and the answer was no. He suggested that I come to Massachusetts and from there he and I would ride to Point Judith for both of our 1st rendezvous.

The turnout was at least 10/12, 31 owners and about 30/40 folks.

At that rendezvous I met the "Whole Gang".......the guys I remember being at Point Judith are Walter, Brewester, Neil and Jr, Giff, Mike Olstein, Bob Foresi, Bob Lico, Dug...forgive me if I left any out here.

Since then I have had the honor of attending Green Port (more than once) and Mystic, enjoying the hospitality of the Higgins family......further meeting and enjoying the friendship of many more of the gang.....Peter, Carl, Randall, Tom, John, Harry

At these rendezvous I have acquired the friendship of an absolutely wonderful group of gentlemen who all share a common passion of boating, fishing and GRINDING FIBERGLASS! ! ! !

I missed attending the rendezvous last year and while sitting on my Gazebo I received a phone call from the "Gang" at the rendezvous assuring me that they were keeping the tradition alive.....great guys! !

Nevertheless my point in this long narrative is to express my affection for the friendships that have been made possible thru Capt Pats efforts to develop and maintain BERTRAM31.COM.........AND.......to strongly encourage everyone within range of Greenport to come and meet the other Bertram fans, get to know one another. On the surface it may seem like just another gathering but I can assure you that a Bertram Rendezvous is much more that "Just another party"......its a gathering of gentlemen with lots in common.....even more than the boats that brought us together....Family, Hobbies, Fishing Tips, building tips, politics, and just good entertainment for months and years to come.

So come on in guys.....the water is fine! ! ! !

Sure hope to see many if not all of my old friends there as well as many many new faces.

hb
hb
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

Geez Harry:

I know I constantly border on being banned by the meant team for my transgressions -- but you just about brought a tear to my eye. I couldn't have said it any better than you did. I've been B31less since 2007 and still feel as if each and everyone of you is a brother.....I've got some business issues which are not going to allow me and my Pursuit, MarCat, to attend -- but know I am down in the deep South (El Dorado, AR), enjoying the hospitality and kindness you Southerners seem to have a patent on. I've officially worked in our plant down here enough this year that I have to file a state income tax return, I now give a brief wave of the hand from the steering wheel at other vehicles (and unlike in the northeast, I use all 5 fingers, I say "Howdy," I no longer go into diabetic shock with sweet tea, I refer to most woman as Miss and then their first name, and I love okra. I'm not, however, so kean on 99 degrees and 70% relative humidity....

Have fun in Greenport, Brothers.

Tom
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

I just confirmed with Charlie Johnson that he and I will be driving out for the day on Saturday, Aug 1st. Unfortunately we will have to leave before supper. I look forward to meeting everybody after my 5 plus years of being on this site. It will be great to see you all!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tom the only way to get that friendly wave is to be driving a corvette.women strangers even strike up a conversation at a stop. everyone else normally will cut you off and then give you the finger!!!

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Tom...

Okra is the first step.. but the major question needs to be asked. Do you learned to like grits?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

neil wrote:The only reason I'm busting your balls is because you are the leader of the mean team and you need to show up maybe with timmmmyyyy Hope to see ya soon and thanks for doing what you do with the site. We have met the best group of guys via this site thanks neil
I have tried in the past to get Thuddd to come down with no Luck. I will be in Greenport for a Hatteras Rendezvous and will try to stop by at some point been a while just saw my tee shirt from Montauk from many years back. I just can't make a Thuddd like Timmmy.
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Carl

Post by Carl »

bob lico wrote:tom the only way to get that friendly wave is to be driving a corvette.women strangers even strike up a conversation at a stop. everyone else normally will cut you off and then give you the finger!!!

Bob....one other car you can buy for a howdy passing wave...Jeep Wrangler.
If its completely covered in mud...you'll get thumbs up.