The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

sillverchevy

Post by sillverchevy »

Hi,
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the Faithful. My name is Ron Restivo, and I am the new, proud owner of a 1970 Bertram FBC. Thank you very much Pete Fallon for contacting me and helping with any and all questions I had during the purchase (Hope the knee is feeling better as well). A little background information on me: I am a 41 year old physical therapist (specializing in pediatrics), residing in Port Washington, New York. I have two boys, 9 and 6 who share in my exploits exploring and cruising along the Western Long Island Sound, flyfishing and light tackle fishing on my 1971 Mako 19. I (The wife and family;) decided we needed a bigger boat since the family is growing, so my search began. I was not sure which direction to go, looking at Blackfins, larger Mako's and Bertram 28"s. It turned out there was a 31 local to me, which I had seen many times on the water. The previous owner was a wonderful gentleman from my area, and we were able to complete the transaction. The boat is a two boat owner, originally named Jeannie Marie out of Maryland. Original owners kept the boat until 2001, in which time it was sold to the previous owner and moved to Long Island. Boat is in great, original shape, powered by Cummings 210 hp diesels. Pics soon, I promise. Jeannie Marie was renamed "Pams Tram" by previous owner, and will most likely change names again. Any ifo on this boat is greatly appreciated Engine and Hull survey turned out good with many minor projects needing to be done. Steve Maddock from Hampton Bays did an extremely thorough survey, and Pete Fallon helped me tremendously with this process. I look forward to contributing to the forum, as well as learning as much as I can about my new Bertram.
Sincerely,
Ron Restivo
Carl

Re: New Member

Post by Carl »

Ron,
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you did well with your purchase, best of luck with it.
Carl
Rickysa

Post by Rickysa »

Congrats! Wish I still had mine :(
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Other than the Port Washington Police boat, the only B31 that I know of over there is Bat Factor at LaMotta's.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
sillverchevy

Post by sillverchevy »

Thanks for the welcome guys. Mike, not familiar with Bat Factor, but know the police boat. This boat resided over at Manhasset Bay Yacht Club. I know Harbor Patrol/Bay constable have a B31, been sitting for a bit…..they say needs a new tank and deck, no funding though.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Welcome aboard Ron and congrats on new 31.!!
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Ron, Welcome to the sandbox..hope you and your family enjoy your 31..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Ron

Welcome

You will find all the answers to your questions here. So ask away.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Welcome Ron. There of a bunch of us that flyfish on the board as well. Good luck and enjoy!

Pete
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
John F.

Post by John F. »

Ron-

Welcome. Sounds like a nice B31. Any pictures (we like pictures)?

John
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Ron,
Welcome aboard the sand box, thanks for the kind words. Don't be afraid to ask questions , most of the guy's have many years of experience with all types of boats, not just 31' Bertram's.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61
Navatech

Post by Navatech »

Welcome aboard and yes we REALLY like pictures!...
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Welcome aboard! You are in the right place.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Carl

Post by Carl »

Navatech wrote:Welcome aboard and yes we REALLY like pictures!...

Sad...but True.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Welcome to the board Ron.....your in good company here! !

"Silverchevy".....is there a story behind the name?

hb
hb
sillverchevy

Post by sillverchevy »

Guys, Boat is wrapped so no new pics. Have a few from the summer I will post. Harry, sillverchevy I took up a while ago. Before wife and kids many moons ago, I liked cars. When I was driving trucks from JFK to Mass in 1994, I happened upon a 1967 Camaro convertible. Original owner, little old lady, 250 c.i., three on the tree,etc Kept mostly original and restored, except paint and interior. Originally baby blue with blue top, paint was rough. Painted "Cortez" silver, black top, and black and white houndstooth interior (from a 68'). Needed something a bit faster, so in 1996, bought a 68 Pontiac firebird original 400, M21 4 speed. Treated that car nice and had fun in my twenties, then put away. Over the course of the years, both have always been garaged. Was going to sell the Pontiac to get my wife her ring, instead kept the car and took out a bigger student loan while in grad school. Glad I kept them both, rarely drive em (max 50 miles/yr), but each of my boys gets one when of age;) The 6 year old has dibs on the Pontiac, 9 year old likes the Camaro. So my inventory includes 1967 Camaro, 1968 Firebird, 1988 Jepp Grand Wagoneer, 1971 Mako 19, and 1970 Bertram B31. Notice a trend…..
Ron
1962 31

Post by 1962 31 »

welcome aboard
car guy here also
inventory includes
62 31 Bertram project for sale
70 31 Bertram
96 14 Carolina skiff
54 chevy 210
64 Cadillac sedan deville lt1
65 gto first car still have it ls6 w 6 speed
67 c10 pick up 6.0l lsx
70 suburban 5.3 lsx
and a few newer cars
im a bit of a hoarder
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Ron i have my boat at Oakdale Yacht located on 125 shore drive in oakdale ny. feel free to contact me thru this site PM. and we can go thru some of the future projects or improvement you intent to make on your new find. i have done every bit of every improvement from strip hull to finish project both inside and out (other then hull blue paint) by my self with assistance from my son. some improvements vastly changed the boat or make user friendly. like sliding door in head to do away with bertram design fault of cabin door/head door interference. i have many others just PM. me.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Welcome aboard Ron, you found a great group of people here.
Steve Marinak
Duchess - 1973 Sportfisherman