Long awaited splash down is coming this week

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JimmyG

Long awaited splash down is coming this week

Post by JimmyG »

....I hope, everything is done (never actually ever done) all buttoned up engines running like a top and now the long awaited sea trials : )Image

Navatech

Re: Long awaited splash down is coming this week

Post by Navatech »

Good luck!...
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Wow, that's beautiful. Good luck in the sea trials.
Possunt quia posse videntur
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Nice rudders she will turn on a dime and stay on track at high speed.boat looks great.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

bob lico wrote:Nice rudders she will turn on a dime and stay on track at high speed.boat looks great.
Oversize rudders,oversize props,shafts,struts,engines and bill!!! I'm blaming you Bob if these Cummins don't perform LOL
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

Trust me you have the state of art in that engine compartment.kiss you engine every time you think of those guys with the grey painted motors removing the oil canisters go back to land dip it in a bucket of mineral spirits then return to boat install triple the price of yours oil filters while you spin off spin on new filter the same with fuel filter ------ludicrous!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

NIce Jmmy.

Glad to see that you got John to meet your deadline. Catch a nice day, run offshore and drop a yellow fin on his desk and tell him that you know how to catch big fish also.

Good Luck with her. Are you putting up in Greg's slip over at the light house for the fall.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Absolutely beautiful Jimmy I wish you the best of times on this one, been watching your build and it's truly an awesome job.
Carl

Post by Carl »

That is some wild looking strut...

Did you say long awaited??? With the amount of work done I'm shocked your splashing before next season.

Looks incredible.

Best of luck with her!
John F.

Post by John F. »

Just the running gear makes her look fast. Get her wet, and more pics. please. I'd like to see what you did to the interior
1968 B20 Moppie - Hull # 201-937
1969 B31 FBC - Hull # 315-881 (sold)
1977 B31 FBC - Hull # BERG1652M77J
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

John F. wrote:Just the running gear makes her look fast. Get her wet, and more pics. please. I'd like to see what you did to the interior
I would like to see what i did with the interior!!! I had a interior guy making my stuff that was supposed to be done last April, I wasn't ready so I gave him more time now it's October and he is dodging me big time.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Nice, Jimmy!

She's a beauty......I know your proud! !

hb
hb
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

You have to see her up close to really appreciate her and all the work Jimmy put into her. A friend of mine saw her and he said to me you have to go see the 31 down at Holiday Harbor, what a paint job he said.

She is pretty. Really nice work.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Tony Meola wrote:You have to see her up close to really appreciate her and all the work Jimmy put into her. A friend of mine saw her and he said to me you have to go see the 31 down at Holiday Harbor, what a paint job he said.

She is pretty. Really nice work.
Thanks Tony, it was nice meeting you thanks for the kudos. I was told the Cummins guy was impressed too today, he gave it the thumbs up. She's supposed to go in tomorrow but this East coast nor'easter is pushing me back some
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Jimmy

It was good meeting you also. Looks like tomorrow will be your weather window if they drop you in. If not, just convince John that he wants to go for a boat ride on Saturday. He will probably be around. Usually is this time of the year.

I hope he treated you will and you were satisfied with his work.

Only a few guys around there I trust not to rip me off. John is one of them, the other is the Rick's marina over in Forked River. Unfortunatly Ricks does not do diesel work but they let John in the yard.
1975 FBC BERG1467-315
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

JimmyG,
Great looking restoration, lot's of hard work and planning went into this boat you should be very proud. Good Luck with the launch.

It blew 63 MPH up here over night along with 5.5 inches of rain, downtown section flooded as usual, Peabody Ma. Beverly got 6.6 inches of rain, took a ride along the waterfront Salem, Beverly shoreline didn't see anything on the beach, it's sort of late in the season, most yacht clubs have closed down around October 12. The Bluefin are still biting on Stellwagon Bank a couple of friends got some nice fish last week, over 400 pounds dressed. Good luck with the new boat.
Pete Fallon
1961 Express Vizcaya Hull 186 12-13-61