Greenport

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Greenport

Post by Brewster Minton »

Because of life I will not be able to come this year. I can't do the dinner. I can not explain how I feel about it. Need to focus on being a Dad. May you all be safe and have a great time with lots of good stories.
tjhartsr

Re: Greenport

Post by tjhartsr »

thats a good thing to focus on .im trying that with three grandchildren .hope to see you on the flats .have a great summer. ,maybe you can show me how to stop knocking my hat off with those flys .
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Brew.....I'm sure that you will be there in spirit

Sounds like you have your priorities in the right place

Best to you my friend

hb
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

Brewster Minton wrote:Because of life I will not be able to come this year. I can't do the dinner. I can not explain how I feel about it. Need to focus on being a Dad. May you all be safe and have a great time with lots of good stories.

Anybody you need to explain that to is not worth the effort.

I wanted to add....I think it's a safe bet that everybody here understands. Disappointed...but understands.
Last edited by Carl on Jun 23rd, '14, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Brew, the best to you and Wick, being a good dad is a full time job and family is number one. Keeping you in my thoughts. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
PeterPalmieri

Post by PeterPalmieri »

Brew best of luck with whatever you have to do, we are here if you need us.
1969 31 Bertram FBC "East Wind" hull #315939
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Im OK. The Wicked Witch did not let my son Wickes go to Montana for two weeks because she would not see him on his BDay. The only time I could take him is during that time. I did not put the Cormorant Princess in the water this year. First time in 19 years. Not putting the boat in and not going to Greenport is making me sick. I have also been booked to fly fish for a great deal of the other days. Not real money but better than nothing. I miss you guys. I never thought I would meet people online. You guys are awesome and I am proud to think of you as my friends. Thanks Capt. Patrick.
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Hey Brew
All the best.
As you know, I aint far away and at this time of year am back and forth past Hampton Bays on a regular basis.
Give a hollar if I can help.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Carl

Post by Carl »

Brewster, my guess is your more upset then your son is. I'm thinking anything he gets to do with his dad is cool...just a guess.

Boat will be there next year...as well as your Bertram brethren.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Brew, you got an ear here if you need it. Either on the board or on my phone. You have done the same for me. Don't forget that my bud. You are a good dad. To the best of your ability don't let it eat you. You can fish with any and all of us, get together with any and all of us anytime, so take me up on it. :)

Hug to you my friend. This too shall pass. It always does.

Dug
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Brewster you can guess what I would pay for another day with Mara. You be the dad and love it!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
gplume

Post by gplume »

Brew-

Enjoy the ride. Did my 18 years or so of making jr priority. You won't regret it in the long run. Did not really get into serious boating until he was off on auto pilot. Anyway, i look back it, and it was "time well wasted". Any way, fast forward, and junior now works as an engineer at the company i work for...... Funny how life progresses.

Going thru my own set of life issues....dad passed this winter and trying to get myself set up to buy his boat, which unfortunately means selling mine. ( can't afford 2 boats) Plan to try to make Greenport this year, but have lot of things up in the air. I and Krys will miss you this year, but we understand your situation....and for sure we will be thinking of you, and no doubt we will hook up in the future.

Agreed....who could imagine the good friends made through this web site. Thank - you Captain Patrick!
Giff
Dug

Post by Dug »

Giff, sorry my friend. Good luck with all you tackle on those topics.

Funny story. My dad's car is in the shop. He is driving my mom's second car, one he bought her for her 60th bday. Its a bright red VW bug convertible. With the flower in the dash. I had to drop the big pick up truck to get a side mirror replaced at the dealer yesterday, (warranty, not hit), and got to ride home together with him in the bug. Fast forward to my work out afterwards. My friend and I were pushing metal plates, and I was recounting the story. I told him it was a moment that I thought maybe could be misinterpreted to the casual observer, if you know what I mean. I told him I couldn't get out of the car fast enough, with a grin. He said he would pay cash money for a shot of us in that car, together. We argued a bit about whether that would be funny or not, in a joking way, and then it came out...

You may wonder where I am going with this...

He lost his dad last year. Its been tough on him. He said he would do anything in the world to be able to get a picture together with his father in a VW bug.

I may ask my dad to get a pic together in that car today. With the top down even. Because I can, and because I still have my dad. In good health.

Mark, I get it.

And Brew, Wiks is a lucky boy to have you as his pops.