bloody decks

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

CHolgerson

bloody decks

Post by CHolgerson »

I drove down to delaware to visit my family for the weekend and we decided to do a daytrip based on the water and weather. We ran to an area between the poormans and the washington canyons roughly 80 miles from the inlet. We then trolled to the washington along the 500 fathom line. We found a hard 6 degree break and clean blue 68 degree lifeless water. Then trolled out to 1000 fathoms but still no life. We then got a call from a friend who had fish in the poormans and we decided to pick up and run 20 miles to 500 fathoms of he poormans. We then went 2 for 2 and then 4 for 4 on small yellowfin tun a. Picked up and ran 85 miles in at 28 knots. Back at the fuel dock we topped the tank with 115 gallons of diesel. Saw vince flying some flags as well. The fiberglass windshield looks nice!
Happy memorial day to all.
Chris
Dug

Re: bloody decks

Post by Dug »

Hey Chris,

Sounds like a great time!

Good to hear things are well!

Best,

Dug
Vince Luciani

Post by Vince Luciani »

Chris,

You have a nice looking boat there! I didn't realize that was you when I saw you at the fuel dock. We did have a good day also. It sounds like we were in the same general area. I was due east of the Rockpile and had 82 miles to home when I started in. We were well east of the 500 line and found that 68 degree water. Worked of pods of yellowfin from 11:30am until about 3:00pm. Lots of fun. Thanks for the compliment on the windshield!

Vince
CHolgerson

Post by CHolgerson »

Thanks Vince. I cannot take any credit for the boat. She is Dad's pride and joy and he is constantly upgrading her every chance he gets. I fiish on alot of other boats back home but none bring a smile to my face like my Dad's.

Chris